Which is better - extra battery or portable battery charger?Accessories

Last Updated:

1. newdroidgirl

newdroidgirl New Member This Topic's Starter

Just got a Droid X yesterday and love it! With it I ordered and extra battery AND a Portable Battery Charger. Now, I realized I don

Advertisement
  2. Martimus

Martimus One bite at a time... Moderator

Personally I'm thinking that the portable battery charger might be better in the short term. Having an extra battery would be cool but I thought that the only battery chargers currently available for the Motorola BH5X battery plugged into the USB port on the phone. As such the only way to charge the spare would be to swap batteries in the phone.

newdroidgirl likes this.
  3. newdroidgirl

newdroidgirl New Member This Topic's Starter

Thanks! That was my thinking also. According to the portable battery charger instructions, it is possible to charge both your phone and the charger at the same time. Also, it is possible to charge the phone and a blue tooth at the same time. So, I will try it first and see how it works before I return the extra battery.

4. AFAngryWarrior

AFAngryWarrior Well-Known Member

I use an Energizer portable battery charger. THey have 2 sizes a 1000 and 2000 I believe. I have the larger one and it allows me to re-charge my phone twice getting 3 full charges if I needed to, but I've never had to. You can just plug it in when its in your pocket or on a desk and it comes with a ton of adapters and you get 2 adapters every year if you lose any for free from Energizer. I got mine at BestBuy for like $29.99 and its well worth it.

jreed2560 likes this.