• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Which is easier to change - a screen, or ESN?

BSH

May 1, 2010
I think my phone has a flaw with the touchscreen system. Any app (games mostly, in my use) that requires a dragging action on the screen, will eventually result in a crash. If all I do is tap on the screen, I'm generally fine, but swiping or dragging will get me a system freeze & crash within a couple minutes use.

My system details - DX, 621, rooted, running kY's modded factory ROM.

So which would be easier - change the screen, or transfer the ESN to another phone? Or just get a different phone? :(

I think my phone has a flaw with the touchscreen system. Any app (games mostly, in my use) that requires a dragging action on the screen, will eventually result in a crash. If all I do is tap on the screen, I'm generally fine, but swiping or dragging will get me a system freeze & crash within a couple minutes use.

My system details - DX, 621, rooted, running kY's modded factory ROM.

So which would be easier - change the screen, or transfer the ESN to another phone? Or just get a different phone? :(

have you tried switching software to see if the problem is persistant? if so, does it do this on all roms?

Upvote 0
Thanks for the reply. I have SBF-ed back to stock and re-rooted several times, with full wipe. My wife has the same phone with same OS, went through the same root & setup process, and runs the same apps without a hiccup. It's definitely related to this specific phone.

anyway you can post a log of the device? I know its related to your specific phone lol. have you tried changing roms is what i meant (or are you reflashing the same one?)

Also... i meant to answer your question from earlier - "which is easier to change, esn vs screen." Changing the screen would be easier in my opinion. Yes, ESN's can be changed but its a process (pain in the backside) and it may or may not be legal. Im also sure talking about it in forum is against the rules .. if thats still an option you want to pursue i can direct you to all the software and such.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones