• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

which is ok, which is not

Yes but is that any different from the millions of cattle, sheep, and pigs being herded into slaughterhouses where they're sometimes skinned and gutted while still alive and conscious? I think the only reason this touches a nerve is because mankind has domesticated dogs.

Cattle, sheep and pigs ... and chickens, turkeys, horses, buffalo, llamas, camels, elephants, yaks, etc. are all considered domestic animals. Even traditional game animals like deer, elk, caribou and moose *can* be domesticated, but there's not much benefit in it.

The difference mainly is that most people aren't exposed to the killing of their food. My sister-in-law grew up on a dairy farm and each year they slaughter a cow and divide the beef among the family. My wife is from a farming family in Europe and grew up learning to kill pigs, chickens and turkeys ... and it's not always easy to eat an animal that you *knew*. But they do because that's the way they feed their families. And they eat everything ... and I do mean *everything*.

I own dogs and love them as pets and companions. I care for them when they are ill and cry when they need to be put down, but I am not opposed, morally or otherwise, to others seeing them more as food than friend. But who could not love these guys?

winston_puppy.jpg

skully.jpg

onchair2.jpg

I would add that if you come anywhere near my guys with a fork, we'll be dining on leg o' shawn tonight. ;)

Upvote 0
onchair2.jpg

I would add that if you come anywhere near my guys with a fork, we'll be dining on leg o' shawn tonight. ;)

You have adorable dogs! But come on.... that one is trying to seduce me into eating... her? I can't deny! I'm goin' in for the leg! :D

Who can really eat this? (rhetorical question):

32394_1448739061813_1333294007_31204524_2863424_n.jpg

My adorable Riley. This was taken at a hotel in St. George, UT on my way back to CA from IN this past summer. NO, I did not get her, her own bed. The cheapest reservation included 2 queen beds.

Upvote 0
You have adorable dogs! But come on.... that one is trying to seduce me into eating... her? I can't deny! I'm goin' in for the leg! :D

Go ahead ... just TRY and get the leg off a 90 lb. Siberian Husky. ... and which ER would you prefer to be taken to? ;)

Who can really eat this? (rhetorical question):

32394_1448739061813_1333294007_31204524_2863424_n.jpg

My adorable Riley. This was taken at a hotel in St. George, UT on my way back to CA from IN this past summer. NO, I did not get her, her own bed. The cheapest reservation included 2 queen beds.

Beagle? My dogs prefer their own room. I guess it's okay if they snore, but not me.

Upvote 0
Once one of them kept sending her little girl in to complain about the rabbit's food dish being "dirty", (Rabbits crap in their food, it happens) We'd clean it as often as possible but it kept happening. Finally, the last time the girl came in, I said "well, we'll teach him a lesson" and I took the rabbit and tossed him in my Python cage, he was gone in less then a minute! You should have seen the look on the Mother and daughter's face! I said "see, you just killed that bunny!" They never bothered me again!

They were hypocritical idiots!

:eek:

LMFAO >> BEST POST OF THE YEAR!!!

I'd have cut the feet off to give to the mom and daughter, you know, lucky rabbits feet for the two. :D

Upvote 0
Go ahead ... just TRY and get the leg off a 90 lb. Siberian Husky. ... and which ER would you prefer to be taken to? ;)

Beagle? My dogs prefer their own room. I guess it's okay if they snore, but not me.

I'll first shoot it with a tranquilizer dart. It's the only humane way. :) I'ma havin sum Siberian doggy toonaight! Bye golly! :D

Yep. She actually has to sleep in the living room because she snores like a man... and I'm not joking about that. Her nasal passages are a bit constricted.

Upvote 0
I'll first shoot it with a tranquilizer dart. It's the only humane way. :) I'ma havin sum Siberian doggy toonaight! Bye golly! :D

Yep. She actually has to sleep in the living room because she snores like a man... and I'm not joking about that. Her nasal passages are a bit constricted.

A little barbecue sauce and new potatoes should take care of that ... the snoring I mean, not the eatin'.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones