• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Which is the best missed call, text and media message reminder for Droid?

Did you try Missed Reminder? The comments in the market scared me off but it would be nice to have working.
i havent tried it either. theres a comment that said it kept their phone at 100% awake time. i would probably use less battery if i just checked my phone my self every 5 minutes.

for sms and mms i use SMS popup. its really good. i just want to know if someone has left me a voice mail or if i missed their call.

Upvote 0
i cant find "missed call" in the store. this will keep reminding me that i missed a call with "x" minute intervals? where can i get this? this is bugging me!

This version is for Android 1.5:

http://cloud.github.com/downloads/annoma/Missed-Call/MissedCall_0.8.8.apk

Putting this in both threads in case others are looking for it. Rick311, let us know how it works for you. I find it to be a bit lacking and somewhat buggy. But, it's an essential feature I need on my phone since I run a business and can't afford to miss calls for extended periods of time. I've been running it for about 3 weeks now for repeating alerts for missed calls and sms. Be sure to disable stock notifications to eliminate duplicate alerts.

Upvote 0
This version is for Android 1.5:

http://cloud.github.com/downloads/annoma/Missed-Call/MissedCall_0.8.8.apk

Putting this in both threads in case others are looking for it. Rick311, let us know how it works for you. I find it to be a bit lacking and somewhat buggy. But, it's an essential feature I need on my phone since I run a business and can't afford to miss calls for extended periods of time. I've been running it for about 3 weeks now for repeating alerts for missed calls and sms. Be sure to disable stock notifications to eliminate duplicate alerts.
awesome. heres a noob question. after i download it, how do i get it onto my phone?

Upvote 0
I am having the same problem, Android Inspire. I downloaded and used "missed reminder" but that is not what I am looking for. The above app was just annoying, beeping continuously. I know it can be set to whatever you want, but it is just not what I am looking for. My previous phone listed 2 missed calls, 1 new voicemail, 4 new text messages, etc. when I unlocked the phone. That is what I want. I realize it has the VERY SMALL icon on the top taskbar with a message icon, but something a little more NOTIFYING, would be very cool.

Reactions: surlypoker
Upvote 0
Missed call reminder work for me. ALthough I noticed that as Ace say for missed phone calls remaider is keep remainding even if I remove missed call from tab. To remove reminder I have to look into call history. Ace you can track it and debug it by going into app and look at first line "quick stop" it has numbers which mean amount of reminders in each category. You can use this also to clear them all if everything else fails.

Upvote 0
I use Light Flow to control my missed message reminders and to control my LED notifications. It works great, and is very detailed as to what can be controlled. For example, for each application you can set if you want a reminder, how long to wait between reminders and how long to have it remind you (up to 24 hours). You can also set how the reminder is dismissed. You can set ringtone reminders and vibrate reminders separately, which means if you wanted you could have a reminder play a sound every minute, but vibrate every 5 minutes.

The app is $1.99, but there is a free version that handles your core applications such as missed call, missed sms, missed mms, missed e-mail. So, I would try the free version first to make sure it works correctly for your phone.

One thing to know is that Light Flow takes over complete control over your notification LED. So, if you're running the free version, and the free version doesn't include an app that you are running that uses LED notifications... that app won't light the LED. All application LEDs must be controlled through Light Flow. So, you'll probably need to end up buying the paid version. Once you install the app, the settings menu has a list of all of the applications it supports, so you can make sure all of your apps are supported before you buy.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones