1. Tablet future looks bright! Read more about: Alcatel Xess | Samsung Galaxy View
    New Forums: Alcatel Xess | Samsung Galaxy View
    Dismiss Notice

which is the best ROM for HTC Sensation 1 gen?

Last Updated:

1. Ivarss

Ivarss Member

Hello everyone this is my first post on this forum! :D
    Ive been thinking of rooting for a while now as my phone are being slow at many points. So i could use some good information about ROM and Rooting.

What ROM are best for HTC Sensation 1 gen running 4.0.3?

And anyone who got any clue on how to find the official rom for my mobile in case i need to get it repaired? (Im from sweden)

Thanks in advance! :)

Advertisement
  2. Rusty

Rusty Well-Known Member

There is no 'best' really, it's personal preference.
  3. Ivarss

Ivarss Member

Aah but got any favorite of your own? and do you have any idea on how to root a sensation with 4.0.1? :D
  4. Rusty

Rusty Well-Known Member

5. Ivarss

Ivarss Member

Thanks,
    Is there any guide on this program? :)

And in the instructions for the sensation it says that i need to run stock rom and have rooted allready. But i dont know how to root when having 4.0.3? :(
  6. Rusty

Rusty Well-Known Member

7. Ivarss

Ivarss Member

Yea looking through it but still i need to root my phone first? But the problem is i dont know how to do that with android 4.0.3 and i cant manage to find any tutorial explaining how either :(
  8. StuartTheFish

StuartTheFish Well-Known Member

Virtuous inquisition for me.
  9. Rusty

Rusty Well-Known Member

You need to unlock your bootloader via hTCDev, use fastboot to install a custom recovery, then you can root (or install a custom ROM with root).
    Ivarss likes this.
  10. repoman123

repoman123 Member

I'm about to ask a really stupid question so please go easy.

I THINK I've currenly got cyanogenmod version 7 on my htc sensation, my question is - how do I know what is the latest stable version that is released for my phone? Have I already got the latest version? Or is CM9 now available to download?
  11. Rusty

Rusty Well-Known Member

12. repoman123

repoman123 Member

Many thanks for the reply. I've even more questions now!

In regards to the link you've provided to download CM9:

1 - Does pyramid correspond to the HTC Sensation?
    2 - There are different versions, all that have been last modified on a different day, how do I know which one is the version for my particular handset?

What is the main difference supposed to be between nightly builds and stable mods? (according to this - HTC Sensation | CyanogenMod)

I'm happy to wait for the stable mod to be released, the thing is though, when you click any link on the cyanogenmod website, they don't provide any roms?
  13. Rusty

Rusty Well-Known Member

Pyramid = HTC's internal name for the Sensation, you'll see it in fasboot.

As for the date, newer = better, generally.

There is no 'stable' for anything for CM9 right now, so don't worry about that.
  14. Ivarss

Ivarss Member

Okay think of me as a baby doing something new for the first time, and literary got no idea of doing that.

Got any guide for me to follow or something to google nevertheless :3 (Lots of pictures, i like pictures :D)

And again thank you so much for all the help you given me so far :D
  15. Rusty

Rusty Well-Known Member

16. Ivarss

Ivarss Member

Thanks :D im going to do this when i come home but where can i find a custom recovery? :)
  17. Rusty

Rusty Well-Known Member

18. Ivarss

Ivarss Member

19. Rusty

Rusty Well-Known Member

Once you've done the Dev unlock bit you can go straight to JPBear
  20. Ivarss

Ivarss Member

21. Rusty

Rusty Well-Known Member

You always install via CWM, buy you need to use HTC Dev to get CWM.
  22. Ivarss

Ivarss Member

Now my phone is restarted after unlocking my bootloader.

Now what? :)