Which is the better LauncherPro or ADWSupport

Last Updated:

1. JDubbleTrouble

JDubbleTrouble Well-Known Member This Topic's Starter

Im new to android epic is my first and i see a lot of cool things ppl do to customize their phone and im just wonderin whats the best one to use and where else ppl go to get different items to customize cuz im sure its not all in the market....any tips sites would be much appreciated

Advertisement
  2. Jedii

Jedii Well-Known Member

LauncherPro is very fast and efficient. It also has the ability to hide apps which is a nice way to survive without rooting.

ADW has some great themes. Lots of customizing with ADW.

My personal pick, LauncherPro.

I use it on my Samsung Fascinate. (I have actually used ADW for a while on my fascinate, but i always go back to LauncherPro.)

3. JDubbleTrouble

thanks im at work so ill download when i get outta here and quit wasting company time looking at these forums....maybe

4. Jedii

Jedii Well-Known Member

LOL. No! waste company time. It makes you a valuable employee :p

5. JDubbleTrouble

do the launchers disable all the samsung widgets seems like they would

6. rsbenedict

rsbenedict Well-Known Member

Yep, you can only use widgets designed for a certain interface (TW or Sense or Motoblur) within that interface. Only Android Widgets are cross interface.

7. JDubbleTrouble

ok so one and half more question if neone answers does launcher pro come with the options and skins icons or whatever to customize or are you people that use these launchers downloading it all ive seen adw type things in the market but nothing that says its specific for launcher pro not that im looking very hard.....lol he said hard

8. badankles

badankles Well-Known Member

I've been wondering this too. I've used ADW before, but not on the Epic. Have never used Launcher Pro. It would be good to hear from folks who have had experience from both like Jedii.

9. JDubbleTrouble

i downloaded them both and played with them a bit but i didnt like the fact that my samsung widgets cant be accessed and it seems like id be downloading a lot to get the widgets i want so call me a noob if u want but ill stick to touchwiz dont wanna fill up my phone with a bunch of extras that ill just want to delete and go back to samsung widgets eventually so no thanx to the launchers for me atleast for now customizing is cool but thats not y i got the phone i can customize enuff just with touchwiz im learning more and more i can do everyday other than customizing the way it looks....still hate the pink feeds and updates widget but it does what its supposed to do....didnt mean to type so much but thats my opinion

10. badankles

badankles Well-Known Member

i thought i read the launcher pro have just included a cool twitter widget, assuming the samsung feed and updates widget is important to you. i find the samsung widgets are not that great so no big lost for me.

yeah, i'm not itching for a new launcher, touchwiz is fine for now, but i do miss the pinch for quick view of all home screens option.

11. duratime

duratime Well-Known Member

I've been using TW since I got the phone, but had Launcher Pro on my Moment, and it had some cool widgets too. I liked the contacts widget on LP because it would use the Gmail group in contacts to populate the list, and you could have multiple widgets with different contact groups. I had my employees on a 4x4 widget, my family on a 1x4 widget, business contacts on 1x4 and friends on a 1x4. The widgets were spread around the phone page in a logical manner and were scrollable. I've been try out TW, so I haven't installed LP on this phone yet. You have to have the paid version of Luncher Pro to get those widgets.