• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help Which is the better Triumph rom? CM7 or CM9?

Steeltooth493

Mar 25, 2012
Which do you guys think is currently the better rom to use with the triumph? Whyzor's Gingerbread CM7 TG Reloaded or CM9's Ice Cream Sandwich? It seems to me that CM7 is a rather stable, well built rom, and as far as I am aware CM9 is still in its alpha stages. However, CM7 isn't the viewtifully delicious and powerful ICS. Is CM9 even stable enough on the triumph to use at this point?

Which do you guys think is currently the better rom to use with the triumph? Whyzor's Gingerbread CM7 TG Reloaded or CM9's Ice Cream Sandwich? It seems to me that CM7 is a rather stable, well built rom, and as far as I am aware CM9 is still in its alpha stages. However, CM7 isn't the viewtifully delicious and powerful ICS. Is CM9 even stable enough on the triumph to use at this point?

CM9 has been plenty stable for me, but being an alpha, that could change on any given update.
More stuff works on CM7.
As long as the non-working stuff in CM9 is not essential to you... go for it!

Anyway, it's no big deal to keep a good, configured Nandroid back up of each and swap when ever you take a notion.

Upvote 0
CM9 is stable enough to use as an everyday rom. If you feel the need to flash any of these roms for looks, be my guest. But ever since I got the phone, first week of release, I've stuck with the stock rom. I've tried CM7, CM7 Reloaded, MIUI, and CM9. None of them compare to the stock rom, from my perspective. They are flashy and more appealing to the eye, but not really what most people need.

Upvote 0
I've had CM7, CM7 Reloaded, and MIUI. I haven't tried CM9 because too many things are broken. I seem to always go back to MIUI, CM7 just has really crappy battery life when I use 3G/wifi, even on Reloaded. I'd kill my phone in 4-5 hours, while on MIUI it stayed alive without charging overnight and all day the next day. Almost 36 hours. It really depends on what you want, I guess. I don't think MIUI is the best for HQ games (Angry birds and such are fine though) so if you want those high-end games go with CM7 Reloaded most likely.

Reactions: Steeltooth493
Upvote 0
I suggest. Using cm7.. I'm using epic bluetheme from I believe jaydogg ..I could be mistaken.but anyhow its very stable spent an hour on a good little undervolt configuration and underclocked
At around 800mgh with interactive gorverner...and its very responsive while and I'm also gettting 50 percent more battery life...I'm very happy..

Upvote 0
I agree CM9 is ABSOLUTELY BEAUTIFUL!!! That being said, it IS still in Alpha testing. I used it for a few days because it was just so elegant, but the non-working elements, the camera being the most needed, drove me back to CM7. Don't get me wrong, CM7 is awesome in itself, and if CM9 is never perfected I'd be happy all my days with CM7. Once you get in and really tweak CM7 you'll find it really is a fully loaded, well featured ROM.

Upvote 0
CM9 is a wonderful ROM. It works amazing. But the camera does not work. That I really missing. CM7 is great, but I could not log in to Google account. I tried all available options, which I found on the android forums or XDA developers. If I find some way to sign up for a Google Account, so I gave back CM7. I have a Motorola Triumph of VM.

Upvote 0
cm9 is great,but is in alpha. also cm9 doesnt have as much stuff working compare to cm7. however if your going for entertainment(likes to play around wif phone features) go with cm9, if performance and customizability then cm7. if u like performance and speed, miui is great also,but cm7 can b great wif battery too. if you like speed smoothness, performance, go with minimal triumph.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones