Which is the right Microsd for the G1?General

Last Updated:

1. noni mas

noni mas New Member This Topic's Starter

I would like to get a new Microsd card for my beloved G1. I want the fastest card I can get. I believe that is a class 6. I also want the most capacity I can get, which seems to be 16gb. Problem is, I only see them made by Transcend and A-Data. According to Amazon, lots of people with G1s have had issues with the Transcend and folks on Amazon have also reported that the A-data card does not actually deliver the speed advertised .

Does anyone have any information for me? Would I be better off with a class 6 from Sandisk, even if it is only 8gb? I am not the most sophisticated consumer when it comes to this stuff so any all help would be most appreciated.

Advertisement
  2. jacsonmoore3

jacsonmoore3 Member

THE ONLY THING I CAN SAY IS I HAVE A CLAAS 6 BY Transcend in it work great for me

3. CRPercodani

CRPercodani OFWGKTA VIP Member

Transcend is a good brand. I have a 8GB Class 6 and it has never given me problems, if you want to go for a 16GB I don't see why it would be a problem.

4. Fingerlickin

Fingerlickin Member

I use a 4GB transcend

5. KnowFear

KnowFear Member

I am behind the times I guess. I have a class 6, 4gb pqi sdcard. I haven't had any issues with it at all. I am running the amon-ra recovery and used the auto format option. fat32/512/64 I believe.

6. justjimjpc

justjimjpc Premium Member VIP Member

A SanDisk 8GB Class 6 will be all you will probably need unless you go crazy with music and photos