Which is your favorite Screenshot App for Android?

1. NexuSix

NexuSix Well-Known Member

(Root Users only of course, unless your using Home++)

I think I have tested them all out and I like "drocap2 for root users" the best; "Screenshot It" is nice but I can't stand the icon.

Here are both the "Screenshot It' and "drocap2 for root users" icons in the status bar:

1. "Screenshot It" uses a green Android bot

while

2. "drocap2 for root users" uses a camera image

[​IMG]

Which Screenshot App do you use?

Advertisement
  2. Mpaige

Mpaige Member

Hey what calendar widget is that? it looks cool :)
  3. EmoTonyB

EmoTonyB Well-Known Member

i like "shootme" all you do is turn on and shake or yell and it automatically takes a screen cap and puts it in its own folder for easy finding
  4. tigrr07

tigrr07 Well-Known Member

I agree, please do tell which widget that is.
  5. beckx020

beckx020 Member

I like shootme the best. It just works. I tried the other 2 mentioned, but prefer shootme. Screen shots was the biggest reason I finally rooted my phone. :D
  6. TonyG

TonyG Well-Known Member

The ability to take screenshots is what makes me think of rooting my original Droid. Can you actually take screenshot of any screen, from any application, or are there some limitations? And--any problems with Froyo 2.2?
  7. saecrow

saecrow Active Member

yes, yes, no, no (has been my experience) :)
  8. beckx020

beckx020 Member

Well, so far I can take screen shots of any screen. I have not tried to take one while playing a movie, only still things. I have taken shots of maps while navigating to send to someone without GPS so they knew where something was. However, since it was on shake to take the pic, I wouldn't leave the screen capture app on while driving down a bumpy road with GPS on or it might be taking pics in the background.

I rooted after I got 2.2 and the update. I was waiting so that I didn't have a problem with an OTA update not getting in or being in a loop to update. I followed easy instructions from another forum.
  9. NexuSix

NexuSix Well-Known Member

do you guys mean the little bitty orange one? (actual the color changes from cyan to orange depending on whether it is AM or PM) if so that is "Clock Droid Pro"

If you Root I highly recommend utilizing the 1-click root found here:

http://goo.gl/Vtvz

That way you can Root without voiding your warranty (if your still under warranty)

Also I have two online galleries solely devoted to pictures and screenshots that I take with my Nexus One, you might find them interesting to see some more screenshots I have taken:

old:NexuSix (photography taken with Google Nexus One)
    (Photographs and screenshots)

new: NexuSix.org
    (the new one is predominately screenshots but that will change)

agreed
  10. Gerard Cerchio

Gerard Cerchio New Member

11. vosg

vosg Well-Known Member

12. Staggers

Staggers Well-Known Member

My fave used to be Shootme but now I use the one built into MIUI: press Vol down + Menu
  13. DenverRalphy

DenverRalphy Well-Known Member

I use ShootMe because it also captures screenvideo. Albeit at only 10 frames per second, but it's nice for simple tutorials. I chose it for that feature, but to be honest, I don't know whether the other screenshot apps support video capture of the screen.
  14. Miss Spicy McHaggis

Miss Spicy McHaggis Well-Known Member

is there a free app that isn't for rooted phones?
  15. ironass

ironass Well-Known Member

16. tcat007

tcat007 Well-Known Member

17. BeKure

BeKure Member

Where can I find this "shootme" app at? It is nowhere to be found in the marketplace.
    Thanks.
  18. regression

regression Well-Known Member

I believe the developer pulled it from the Market.
  19. BeKure

BeKure Member

No apk for it anywhere?
  20. alostpacket

alostpacket Over Macho Grande? VIP Member

21. BeKure

BeKure Member

22. alostpacket

alostpacket Over Macho Grande? VIP Member

The thread title :) (it's half joking ;) )
  23. ComEd

ComEd New Member

hahahaha....... I though I'm just the one who noticed....!!!

:D
  24. Kcsuper

Kcsuper Well-Known Member

I've always used ScreenshotER2 with CTmod but it's keeps telling me "Can't get screenshot...Strange"...this is with CM7. I've tried .png and .jpg and changing dir. there's more than enuff space in my card. Anyone know what's up?
  25. tcat007

tcat007 Well-Known Member