4. Zeam

9 vote(s)
    2.4%
  5. Other

50 vote(s)
    13.1%
  1. InkedMuscle

InkedMuscle Active Member

Thanks for the screenshots, really helps out those trying to choose one that have not seen'em all :)
  2. mrvirginia

mrvirginia Well-Known Member

i have them set to look basically the same. only differences are what apps look like when they get selected or moved, and transitioning from a home screen to an app. right now i'm running ADW.Launcher but i've changed the gmail icon since taking this photo yesterday and i disabled all icon titles.

ADW.Launcher
    [​IMG]

LauncherPro
    [​IMG]
  3. mrvirginia

wow launcherpro is killing it in the voting. i've actually installed lockbot pro to fix the lock screen image moving or whatever and am using ADW.Launcher. hands down less glitchy on my phone vs LauncherPro. and like SprintFun pointed out, i like making the actual launcher when open a little transparent. now all it needs is home screen to app transition animations and it would be easily the best launcher imo.

edit: i also like the icon highlight outline on LauncherPro better, unfortunately. but that and screen transition animations are a trade off i'm able to live with just for a less glitchy launcher. ADW FTW!
  4. steelersmb

steelersmb Well-Known Member

I've been using Launcherpro for the past week or so and it's crashing a lot lately. Might be since I installed the latest version. I like it but may go back to Sense.
  5. mrvirginia

bump for front page. this is important, people! :)
  6. aliveon2legs

aliveon2legs Well-Known Member

I can't seem to find this in the market.
  7. SprintFun

SprintFun VIP Member VIP Member

Try "Home Switcher"
    aliveon2legs likes this.
  8. CaNiKiCkIt

CaNiKiCkIt Member

launcher pro is the best right now. havent had problems wit it crashing but i did disable auto rotation because its annoying. other than that its pretty clean and fast. and i think its still in beta....

Mrvirgina where did u get that gmail icon?
  9. aliveon2legs

aliveon2legs Well-Known Member

10. mrvirginia

launcherpro's scrolling isn't nearly as smooth as ADW.Launcher imo. it has overshoot options that replicate Sense UI. when that gets ironed out of launcherpro, then i'll have to agree with you.

that icon is actually a widget. it's called "gmail unread count" and features many different gmail icons, including the stock one with the unread number. i'm currently using the black 3D one.
    oh, you can also enable custom image and use whatever you want. forgot about that.
    DrCaleb and CaNiKiCkIt like this.
  11. CaNiKiCkIt

CaNiKiCkIt Member

Thanks have you tried setting custom images with the icons on launcher pro every time i try i get a force close error....im guessing because it cant resize the pictures on my phone?
  12. SprintFun

SprintFun VIP Member VIP Member

Been getting a bunch of force closes with ADW after last nights update :(
  13. mrvirginia

you're welcome.
    no unfortunately i haven't tried that. but you're prob right about the resizing of the pictures. that would be my guess.

really? it improved stability i thought on mine. before it took a little longer to add an app or anything to the main screen. now it's a little faster.
  14. carlspeed

carlspeed Active Member

I think I remember seeing somewhere that you should disable HTC Sense when you install another launcher. I installed Launcher Pro, am I supposed to disable Sense? And if so, how? Also, whats the best widget for the calender that shows a month or week view? I tried adding in the stock one, but it only shows one day.
  15. stroths

stroths Well-Known Member

I am on the latest ADW and its been running great for me. Was getting some fcs on my own custom rom. Switched to Calkulin and uninstalled the sense launcher. Been running great.

Sent from my Evo 4g using Tapatalk
  16. IOWA

IOWA Mr. Logic Pants Moderator

17. DarkNeo

DarkNeo Well-Known Member

Im currently using Launcher Pro, had been using ADW launcher before. One thing I really like about Launcher Pro is the animation when you close an app and go back to the homescreen. Thats probably the only reason I use it over ADW, I prefer the dock on ADW over Launcher Pro.
  18. cds0699

cds0699 Well-Known Member

LauncherPro is my current favorite, but partly cuz I'm a moron and haven't figured out how to properly customize with ADW. I have both and maybe one day I'll stop being a noob and figure it out :)
  19. Dreamliner

Dreamliner Well-Known Member

is there a way to get Burst Leo on LauncherPro for the EVO??? Also, how do I enable those 'dots' that tell me what home screen I am on??
  20. Dreamliner

Dreamliner Well-Known Member

also, any idea how to get Sense widgets on LauncherPro??
  21. gt33

gt33 Well-Known Member

after wiping my Evo clean with a hard reset.... for the 2nd time.... after infinitely repeating force closes, i switched back to sense. i was on ADW, and it was either that or home switcher which was responsible for the force closes. now that im back on sense i actually like it, seems faster than alternate launchers
  22. The Dorian

The Dorian Well-Known Member

I'm completely in love with Sense.
  23. sr1982

sr1982 Well-Known Member

How do you get that clock/weather widget there? I have been searching for one but can't find it. Thanks in advance
  24. phyl0x

phyl0x Active Member

Before I read your post, I was planning on typing the exact same thing. Theres a lot to like about launcher pro but it crashes way to much.
  25. IOWA

IOWA Mr. Logic Pants Moderator

I don't have any fc issues with LP