• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Which LTE Phone Should I Buy?

magisternautaque

Apr 8, 2010
The good news is that VZW just today announced 4 sweet Android LTE phones. They all seem like great phones.

I don't understand why LG dropped the dual core of the Optimus 2x for a single core in the Revolution. Sammy is a little funky looking and probably has touchwiz. HTC would be a great upgrade to my Inc, but it is single core, too.

So, I would without hesitation buy the Droid Bionic, but have you seen how fat that thing is? It looks like it's twice as thick as my Inc. I don't think I can handle that. Is it possible that the final product will be thinner?

Buggy ?

HTC & Moto are very familiar with making Android phones for VZW already. They are just popping LTE data capability in it; performance wise there, that's all on Verizon and their LTE network / roll out.

I for one cannot wait to hear about pre-order info for the HTC Thunderbolt.

but how well will the LTE stuff integrate? And what is battery life going to be like with the LTE radio and dual core processors? Is everything going to play nice together once it's released into the wild? Sure, they make Android phones, but there's a good bit of new hardware in play here.

Upvote 0
but how well will the LTE stuff integrate? And what is battery life going to be like with the LTE radio and dual core processors? Is everything going to play nice together once it's released into the wild? Sure, they make Android phones, but there's a good bit of new hardware in play here.

How well will LTE integrate? It's just a faster internet radio. Do you really think it's going to act worse than 3G ? Do you not think VZW's been testing their 4G for quite some time now?

Also, no dual core processors for the HTC Thunderbolt. A newer gen SnapDragon that if anything, is quicker and sucks less battery.

I just don't see how the hardware is going to be anything but a step forward from the Incredible, their last VZW Android phone.

Upvote 0
that's gonna get old

nah, it won't. That comment is a win-win. It annoys the hell out of people who hate the iPhone and it annoys the hell out of everyone that was excited about the iPhone coming to VZW only to learn that it is on 3g.

It could be win-win-win if it took them significantly longer to get the iPhone 5 that AT&T. Then people will be clamoring for it just like everyone wants the latest version of Android even when they don't know what is in it.

Of course, this is from someone who isn't due for an upgrade until November and is considering ditching her smartphone for a POS phone + 4g MiFi (I have a purse, I don't care how many devices I carry as long as they suit my needs.)

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones