1. Hot New Devices! HTC One M9 | Samsung Galaxy S6 | LG G4

Which micro Sd cardTips

1. Ringhale

Ringhale Well-Known Member

Advertisement
  2. acejavelin

acejavelin Well-Known Member

To be honest, you won't really notice a performance difference, so just get a quality one that is as big as you can afford... I have tried several microSD cards from a 64GB Sandisk UHS-1 to an old 8GB Generic Class4 card and several in between and the benchmarks are within just a few percentage points of each other... I don't know why for sure, my guess is the limitation is coming in because it is still using a FAT32 file system and not EXT4 or something else... Sign up for DayDeal and BestBuy Deal of the Day and every few weeks or so a 64GB UHS-1 microSD card comes up for around $49!
  3. dmunz

dmunz Well-Known Member

I've been using a 32GB Class 4 San Disc that I bought for my T-Bolt. Works just fine and they are relatively cheep these days.

But I would go for 64 if I could get under $50.

FWIW
    DLM
  4. Dmark44

Dmark44 Well-Known Member

I just got the 2nd card you listed (Sandisk Ultra 32gb Class 10) last week and it works great on the Rezound!

I used a SanDisk flash card reader to transfer files from my old card to the new card. That's where the extra speed came in handy.

I would buy at least a Class 4 card. But I like buying the highest speed I can without paying too much more. Like others said, there won't be much performance benefit when installed in the phone. But I like having the faster card for two reasons:

-For when I do backups/data transfers

-If one day I don't need it for my phone, it'll be a great spare card for my camera.
  5. acejavelin

acejavelin Well-Known Member

It is a budget thing... generally buy capacity over speed, unless budget is not an issue, then buy the biggest, fastest freakin' thing you can find!