• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Which micro Sd card

To be honest, you won't really notice a performance difference, so just get a quality one that is as big as you can afford... I have tried several microSD cards from a 64GB Sandisk UHS-1 to an old 8GB Generic Class4 card and several in between and the benchmarks are within just a few percentage points of each other... I don't know why for sure, my guess is the limitation is coming in because it is still using a FAT32 file system and not EXT4 or something else... Sign up for DayDeal and BestBuy Deal of the Day and every few weeks or so a 64GB UHS-1 microSD card comes up for around $49!

Upvote 0
I just got the 2nd card you listed (Sandisk Ultra 32gb Class 10) last week and it works great on the Rezound!

I used a SanDisk flash card reader to transfer files from my old card to the new card. That's where the extra speed came in handy.

I would buy at least a Class 4 card. But I like buying the highest speed I can without paying too much more. Like others said, there won't be much performance benefit when installed in the phone. But I like having the faster card for two reasons:

-For when I do backups/data transfers

-If one day I don't need it for my phone, it'll be a great spare card for my camera.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones