1. Introducing Channels - a new way to chat with other Android users!
    Dismiss Notice

"Which multi-tasking app is the best?"

Last Updated:

1. IndivisibleP

IndivisibleP Well-Known Member This Topic's Starter

Oct 22, 2010
    I am looking for the "perfect" multi-tasking app, or at least the one that I unequivocally like the most. I have seen a few already and really like some, but for one reason or another I am still looking for the best one that suites my needs.

Here are some of the ones I have either tried already or am using:

QuickDesk : very cool, no real complaints except maybe that I dont think I can kill running apps from the quick bar

SmartTaskbar : also cool because it can launch with a swipe from the side of the screen, but the problem is its interface is quite busy and not very functional/intuitive to configure. Also cant kill apps

Multitask Manager
    : nice simple interface (iPhone 4 style) but more or less half the time unresponsive to touches. Also can only launch by singe touch of 'home' button, which isnt very convenient.

Visual Task Switcher:
    Almost perfect. The screen shot idea used in this is really probably the best format for any multitasking app, but unfortunately it overlaps with QuickDesk (which needs to use the same activation key "search+long press") which is a problem because QuickDesk supports widgets...

Android Mate: This is probably one of my favorites just because its pretty straightforward and organized, you can kill multiple apps at once, etc. But Again no widgets and no ideal universal one touch activation. Now I luanch it from within SmartTaskbar...

Itching Thumbs: By far the coolest and most (theoretically) capable. If I could get this to be stable on my phone it would be my 1st choice. It does pretty much everything I would like, screenshots, app killing, app launching, widgets, gestures :)... Only problem is its still in beta and unfortunately, at least on my phone (Nexus One), keeps freezing and needing to be re-installed.

Anyway all these apps have their pluses and I realize that for the most part the things I have trouble with are either due to still being in beta stage or the method of activation overlapping with other functions

2. Kralco626

Kralco626 Member

Sep 25, 2010
    there's one called advanced app killer that is supposed to be good