1. Introducing Channels - a new way to chat with other Android users!
    Dismiss Notice

Which music playing app is right for me?

Last Updated:

1. A.Nonymous

A.Nonymous Well-Known Member This Topic's Starter

Jun 7, 2010
    I know there are about a billion music playing apps out there and everyone has their favorite. I'm looking for the one that's right for me. I don't like the stock one on my DInc. I'm migrating from an iTouch so that's what I'm used to and I really liked the interface on the iTouch.

What I do want:

Easy to use and intuitive touch interface.
    Ability to view songs by Artist, Album or Genre and ability to see all songs at once.
    Ability to create playlists on my PC and port them to the phone.
    Ability to dump all of my music into one folder, call it something like Music and have the app monitor that folder for any changes and update my library accordingly.
    Should pause when system notifications and phone calls come in and start up when they're done.
    Preferably free, but I'm willing to pay a modest fee for a good quality app.

What I don't want:

Listing every single piece of media on my phone like my ringtones, notification sounds and recordings that I've made myself of things I need to remember.
    Buggy app

Getting the media to my phone isn't an issue. I can handle that. It's how to manage it once it gets there. Which of the many players on the market is the right one for me?