Which new phone to buy?

Last Updated:

1. sweetescapes

sweetescapes New Member This Topic's Starter

I'm a Roger's customer ( for 1 more year waiting to end contract). I used to have a HTC Dream which I loved but after the 911 bug fiasco broke my phone they gave me a Blackberry ( which is now broken).

I'm trying to figure which Android phone would be my best choice now. I was thinking the Nexus S so I can avoid problems with updating the OS through Rogers again.

I was also looking at the Sony Xperia play and the Galaxy S. I like both but I also like that the Nexus S is unlocked so I can leave Rogers when my contract is up.

Any suggestions?

Advertisement
  2. Crimson13

Crimson13 Well-Known Member

If you can wait til 3rd quarter there should be a new nexus phone. If not, go with the nexus s.

I went from a galaxy s captivate to a nexus s and it felt like a huge upgrade.

3. newuser1

newuser1 Active Member

This, I'm waiting to see who gets the new Nexus (prime?)

4. sweetescapes

sweetescapes New Member This Topic's Starter

Thank you, decided on the Nexus love it and love not having to worry about rogers never updating it.

Actually bought it from Koodoo because it was $50 cheaper than from Rogers.

My husband's iphone 3G is dying now have been debating whether to get another Nexus S or waiting to see about the about getting a Samsung galaxy 2 and getting it unlockedMy real concern lies in the carrier actually updating the software since Rogers screwed us over with the HTC dream.

5. Crimson13

Crimson13 Well-Known Member

It's not just the carrier, it's the fault of the manufacturer too.