• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Which of the three MetroPCS phones would you choose and why?

For a second phone the Leon looks good.

Samsung Galaxy Core Prime $100
Samsung Galaxy Grand Prime $130
LG Leon $80
I'm seeing different prices on their site:

Samsung Galaxy Core Prime $129, $49 after rebate
Samsung Galaxy Grand Prime $169, $129 after rebate
LG Leon $99, $29 after rebate

Upvote 0
The prices stated in the start post were those posted in a Metro store. The workers their said that the GrandPrime is the best of the three.
ROTFLMAO...don't ask the BB Geek Squad either!
Would you like some fries with that?

You've been given great advice here.

I've been with metro almost 7 years, flip flopping between lg n Sam, but the last three before present lg were all Sam.

But this has NOT been a good Sam year...in my opinion lg somersaulted Sam at both the bargain And flagship levels.

Both those Sam models...the triad of specs/price/release timing is very underwhelming...and don't get me started on s6 disappointment...Samsung Pay only for flagship phones...

I had vested interested to continue with Sam, hoping for a dev port of Samsung Pay, but lg offering more for less NOW.

Good luck.

Reactions: tube517
Upvote 0
Horse:

Cannot state that everything you posted is clear. So you feel the Leon is superior to the Core and Grand? I won't be using it for pictures. Will use the chosen phone only for phone calls and texting. My friend has an LG 450 and he said it is terrible. Poor battery life, heats up when using bluetooth, poor signal sensitivity, etc.

Does the Leon have a better speakerphone than the Core and Grand?

Upvote 0
"It's cheap and Root" means what ?

"More resources" means what ?

Oh I was trying to say

1) It's cheap

LG Leon is $29 (after mail in rebate) from Metro PCS store. You get Quadcore, Lollipop, LG phone with $29, it's a great deal.

2) Root, Custom Rom and more resource available

LG Leon has more developers than those two Samsung phones. If you like to tweak phones you get more programs and help available from Android community.

Upvote 0
All of these phones are cheap, but they've got no memory. Hold out for more memory.
This is a very Good point...I'm already stressing out my 16/2gb...and I haven't completely let loose with all the apps I want...and it's at 32bit.
I'm fairly certain that when I do i'll stress out the next 3/4 gb variant...i don't buy totally that ram doesn't matter on 64bit android.

Then again Leon @ $29 is no risk really.

Last edited:
Upvote 0
Horse:

Cannot state that everything you posted is clear. So you feel the Leon is superior to the Core and Grand? I won't be using it for pictures. Will use the chosen phone only for phone calls and texting. My friend has an LG 450 and he said it is terrible. Poor battery life, heats up when using bluetooth, poor signal sensitivity, etc.

Does the Leon have a better speakerphone than the Core and Grand?
At $29 extremely superior.
Sorry i can't answer the very last question...
But with all the dev work chances are good that any possible initial shortcomings get modified fixed.
You know, for $29 You could sample it...if no like put it up on craigslist or ebay...next...

I agree with you on that lg...and its Fx variants...Sam had better n cheaper offerings then.

Upvote 0
At $29 extremely superior.
Sorry i can't answer the very last question...
But with all the dev work chances are good that any possible initial shortcomings get modified fixed.
You know, for $29 You could sample it...if no like put it up on craigslist or ebay...next...

I agree with you on that lg...and its Fx variants...Sam had better n cheaper offerings then.
And the other models will likely keep going down in price as you evaluate your Leon...other new models may also arrive...
You may end up paying less after all the smoke settles. .
It's a potential win / win.

Reactions: AppleUser
Upvote 0
Okay, have been intensely trying both the Leon and Prime.

Initial thoughts: Do NOT like the Leon

1. Battery life. Less than half the Samsung
2. Sound quality and BT connection, not as good as Samsung
3. Buttons, soft, and the three buttons on the back: terrible. Unnatural location. Too difficult to fondle and press the "on" button buried between the up and down buttons. Often the small turn on button doesn't work unless one presses down and up
4. Samsung screen has a brighter whiter white
5. Leon had two dropped calls today, Samsung none.
6. WiFi tethering didn't work on the Leon, but did on the Samsung.
7. Samsung faster getting to websites and refreshing
8. Perhaps more comparisons and contrasts to added soon.

The absence of a side button(s), absence of a real front home button,. and the presence of those three back buttons alone were deal breakers.

Reactions: horsecharles
Upvote 0
The absence of a side button(s), absence of a real front home button,. and the presence of those three back buttons alone were deal breakers.

I initially felt like you on my Stylo, but not only did í get accustomed, í now find no side buttons a real plus--- can now hold phone much more securely without worry.

Reactions: tube517 and t12b25
Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones