• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help Which Of You Indulge Users Will Be Moving To The Lg Bryce?

Since208

Apr 26, 2011
I need help on making this decision and i don't know if it would be worth moving from my Samsung Indulge to the Lg Bryce?

I know a lot of you have heard the news about this new phone coming to metro pcs and i'm wondering if any of you would be leaving the Indulge that impressed us ever since it hit the stores...

Share your thoughts in here to help me and others that might or are thinking to getting the new Metro Pcs Lg Bryce Phone. :)

f335842c.jpg

cc823607.jpg

MetroPCS is talkin' 'bout a Revolution of its own, and now -- thanks to FCC approval -- the LTE-wielding handset is clear for takeoff with the scrappy regional provider. Unlike Big Red's version, the MS910 (aka Bryce) features only 4GB of internal storage, but it's said to include a 1GHz Snapdragon CPU, 4.3-inch WVGA display, and micro-HDMI port, along with the same 5 megapixel rear (and 1.3MP front-facing) cameras that are found on the Revolution. Additionally, users should expect Android 2.3.4 -- good thing, because while there's no official release date, early estimates suggest an October arrival. Of course, this also suggests the Bryce must contend with the same 512MB of RAM and middling battery life found on the Verizon model, but it's a welcome alternative to the network's current top banana.

Reactions: Eddy120876
If this had been out when I was buying the Indulge - I might of gone for it. As it stands the though I spent $600 for 2 Indulges - a bit too early to think about switching. Yes the bigger screen and camera are appealing (although is there a flash on the camera?) but for the same (sorta) 1GHz single core processor, eh not worth what it would cost to switch (which is going to be what $400, $500 to open?), overall I am happy with the Indulge and I would miss the keyboard. Plus it sounds like battery life will not be much better than the Indulge, I'd hate to have to wait for extended batteries again.

I think to get me to switch at this point a device would needs a dual core processor just to peak my interest. Until then I think I'll be happy playing with the Indulge and seeing how far the Devs here can push the limits of it.

Reactions: Since208
Upvote 0
After all the work that went into the indulge, getting roms, and kernals and being able to tether and break down metropcs's walls so to say and the extended battery's i finally got the indulge where i want it and it does everything i want it to including getting 3g where available.

i think when the bryce/esteem comes out sure it will have 4gb internal memory and a front camera a rear flash a 4.3 inch screen and 2.3.4 gingerbread but the rest of the specs are close to the same as the indulge and the 1ghz hummingbird processor in the indulge is a better processor then the 1 ghz snapdragon

also i left out hdmi because the indulge supports usb hdmi 1.4 which is a micro usb cable to hdmi out

so with that said i believe i will stay with the indulge until the bryce/esteem makes breakthroughs on metropcs that make me say oh wow i have to get that phone now....

that makes sense right i mean you understand what im saying right overall the decision is truly yours good luck with which ever direction you take...

Upvote 0
The average would be most of you guys are staying with the indulge and have given me your own reason of why wouldn't you guys switch; I like the responses to my thread.
I truely am going to stay with the Indulge :)
Most of the responses are also some reasons of why im staying with the indulge.

Let's Hope We Get A MetroPcs DualCore Sometime Soon :)

Thank You Guys!

Upvote 0
Dual Core ?? What... maybe a year from now!

The Esteem/Bryce has everything everyone has been wanting 5 mega pixel camera with flash on the back, 1.3 mega pixel camera on the front

4.3 inch screen... that alone plus the dual cameras and one with a flash seals it for me and also it will be running gingerbread.

It's been fun with the Indulge, but it's time to work on my ESTEEM. I am going to keep the Indulge incase the Esteem doesn't cut it, but I think it should be pretty decent.

Reactions: Eddy120876
Upvote 0
I love the slide out keyboard of the indulge and unless its battery life is double that of the indulge with LTE ON I probably won't even think about switching, id sooner just get a larger aftermarket battery for my indulge.

That was my biggest face palm: The new phone suffers from poor battery life.

Given my girlfriends HTC Sensation can stay powered on all day long on 4G and have battery to spare, even when it takes heavy texting and calling use, that's the ONE feature that'd make me jump ship.

Upvote 0
How do you access that usb to hdmi other than the required cable of course?

it is only accessible through the cable as is the hdmi for the bryce too but you plug in the cable then plug into your tv then switch the input on your tv to hdmi and open what you want to watch on your phone and it plays on the tv

Also i see some of the posts about the cameras and and the screen but my opinion on it is thats all window dressing that does not make a difference when it comes to answering the phone and saying Hello Hello Hello i am now speaking freely LOL or browsing the internet either lol

5mp camera who needs that when your taking a quick phone photo if i needed a quality photo i sure would not be using any phone id use my dslr camera,

and 3.5 vs 4.3 so the screen is three querters of a inch bigger only needed for big fingers unless of course vision impairments are the reason,

we already know metro will lock this phone up so tight that one finger will make her scream in pain

anything for the revolution will not work on this phone and we will be right back where we were stuck with metro crap because metro loves to encode their phones A** backwards

yeah i dont see any true reason to jump over so soon i cant in all good thinking justify spending $420 otd for this when i just recently spent $440 otd for the indulge

but these are just my opinions and do not reflect the views of anyone else or this forum LOL

Upvote 0
Dual Core ?? What... maybe a year from now!

The Esteem/Bryce has everything everyone has been wanting 5 mega pixel camera with flash on the back, 1.3 mega pixel camera on the front

4.3 inch screen... that alone plus the dual cameras and one with a flash seals it for me and also it will be running gingerbread.

It's been fun with the Indulge, but it's time to work on my ESTEEM. I am going to keep the Indulge incase the Esteem doesn't cut it, but I think it should be pretty decent.

I just can't get into the phone flippers mindset. I think if I could afford to buy the latest and greatest every 6 months or so - I'd probably be on another network with their top phone.

Upvote 0
The only reason I'd be moving on from the indulge, is because this phone (my indulge) is destined to be my friends phone because she keeps buying ascends and optimus's, leaving them stock, and they keep crapping out on her.

But that's not for a few months, and I've very much come to love this forum so I intend to still help out as well.

I just can't get into the phone flippers mindset. I think if I could afford to buy the latest and greatest every 6 months or so - I'd probably be on another network with their top phone.

I completely agree, but I've always had this weird urge. Being on a bigger better network wouldn't work for me because of this urge. I always want to try to get the best out of something that might not necessarily be the best.

There is something awesome about helping people stuck with these mid range phones, on this middle tier carrier, and showing them they don't have to be stuck with garbage. Showing them that CM7 can work on one of our phones and make them feel better, that you aren't necessarily stuck with the bloatware that came with it, that we can save you from an exchange after bunking your phone, etc...

The bigger tier carriers get all the big help. We have nothing but each other here...

*Dramatic music*

Reactions: BSpin
Upvote 0
I completely agree, but I've always had this weird urge. Being on a bigger better network wouldn't work for me because of this urge. I always want to try to get the best out of something that might not necessarily be the best.

There is something awesome about helping people stuck with these mid range phones, on this middle tier carrier, and showing them they don't have to be stuck with garbage. Showing them that CM7 can work on one of our phones and make them feel better, that you aren't necessarily stuck with the bloatware that came with it, that we can save you from an exchange after bunking your phone, etc...

See that is something I can respect and admire. Unfortunately I don't have the skill set (which I could develop) or mindset (which is why I won't develop the skill set) for figuring out how to develop and push such limits. So I leave that for others to do. Granted I'm happy to share any knowledge I learn from them.

Upvote 0
If you've put CWM on your phone, or flashed a custom rom and returned it to stock safely, you know about 80% more than most Android users who come to this site looking for help. You can always help that way.

Also I am by no means a developer. I'm just a guy who tinkers with things till I have the answers to whatever weird obscure questions people (or I) might have had. Hell recently I had to go to the far better at this than me's (like K0anne and DrRockstar) for help, cause I did something downright stupid too my phone.

But if you can do those things, you can help someone.

Upvote 0
why do i want the bryce simple. Because the Bryce has all the features i want. specially the front facing camera(something the indulge should had from the start) etc etc and after founding the video i said that the phone for me. OK if the bryce sucks well then I go to sprint and get the new iphone and keep the indulge for my apps

Upvote 0
Btw we can speculate all we want (like old wives tales before old wives tales were invented), but if all they did was decrease the internal ram from 16GB to 4GB this thing is the LG revolution.

So just read an LG revolution review...

LG Revolution Review | Android Community

Or several (if you're the kind of person who gets second opinions from Doctors. Weirdo)

Or you could check the LG Revolution forum...

http://androidforums.com/revolution-all-things-root/

...and see how much luck they are having over there. As much as I want this phone, it is a bit disheartening to see they are on Verizon and getting about as much help with a Custom recovery as we were.

Upvote 0
Btw we can speculate all we want (like old wives tales before old wives tales were invented), but if all they did was decrease the internal ram from 16GB to 4GB this thing is the LG revolution.

Or several (if you're the kind of person who gets second opinions from Doctors. Weirdo)...

If i was rich i would get as many second opinions i could afford..but alas im poor..so one and thats too many..LOL

Upvote 0

Or several (if you're the kind of person who gets second opinions from Doctors. Weirdo)

Or you could check the LG Revolution forum...

Revolution - All Things Root - Android Forums

...and see how much luck they are having over there. As much as I want this phone, it is a bit disheartening to see they are on Verizon and getting about as much help with a Custom recovery as we were.

Wow man, after going to this link i just wow i started laughing they have a long way to goo.... (Or maybe not)

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones