Which one? Firmware Update or HTC software Update?Support

Last Updated:

1. airdog

airdog Well-Known Member This Topic's Starter

Does anyone have an idea what the difference is between the Firmware Update - 1.47.651.1 (21.43 MB) and the HTC software update - 1.32.651.6 (13.14MB) found under Menu --> Settings --> System Updates is?

My phone prompted me to do the Firmware update yesterday and it worked great. I checked my wifes EVO yesterday evening and noticed she still had the older software version 1.32.651.1 (mine updated to 1.47.651.1)

When I checked for a Firmware Update nothing is available for her phone. I understand it has been removed cause of some issues it cause on some phones.

However, if I check for the HTC software Update on my wifes phon it shows 1.32.651.1 is available for download. This isn't the same version I was prompted to download this afternoon. my download was over 21MB while the one available for her phone is just over 13MB.

Any idea what the difference is between the 2 updates is?

Things I noticed after doing the Firmware Update:

Qik is updated
    QuickOffice is updated
    Android wallpapers are removed.
    Voicemail widget was corrupted (easy fix)

Advertisement
  2. Mabster

Mabster Well-Known Member

airdog likes this.
  3. airdog

Sorry your confused about what I'm asking. Someone locked the thread I started yesterday so I had to repost this to get my question answered.

I did the 1.47.651.1 Software update on my phone. It was over 21MB and took 30-40 minutes to download and complete. It was an OTA update and I was prompted to update the phone around 3:30pm yesterday.

All went well. Later that night I asked my wife if she got the update as well and she said "no" so I looked at her phone.

(Here's the weird part below) Yes, I checked it 3 times.

I went to Menu --> Settings --> System Updates. I opened Firmware update on her phone and it said the 1.47.651.1 was available for download. I didn't do it because we were getting ready to leave the house and I figured I would do it later that night when we came home.

I backed out of the Firmware update and launched the HTC Software update and noticed that there also was a 13MB update available (System upgrade 1.32.651.6)

I'm just wondering what the difference is between the updates since one of them is so much larger than the other.

4. Mabster

That is very weird that you have an update under firmware update.

Maybe a bug since it looks like you haven't downloaded the first software update. Under about phone, software info what software number does it say you're on?

Since the day the phone was released there have been two software updates. 1.32 to fix the sd card issue and yesterday's 1.47. Two separate updates, two separate file sizes.

5. unplugged1

unplugged1 Well-Known Member

Go to settings>About phone>Software information.

It should tell you:
    Firmware is 2.1 update1
    Software number is 1.47.651.1

If that is what it says, you don't need to worry, you are up to date.

6. airdog

Yeah, I thought it was strange that it showed both updates (the 1.47.651.1 under Firmware update and the other 1.32.651.6 under the HTC software update) on her phone yesterday. Of course it doesn't show that now.....

My EVO shows:
    Firmware is 2.1 update1
    Software number is 1.47.651.1

My wifes EVO shows:
    Firmware is 2.1 update1
    Software number is 1.32.651.6

I guess she'll just have to wait to get the re-released update.

7. unplugged1

unplugged1 Well-Known Member

The new update is available now.

8. henbone11

henbone11 Member

2 different evo's updated with no problems.

9. catchaspeck

catchaspeck Member

Unplugged, my phone, like airdog's wife's phone shows firmware 2.1-update1 but software number is 1.32.651.6 and when queried shows no updates available???

10. Mabster

When the update was live yesterday I had to get off my WiFi network and connect to 3g in order for the phone to see that an update was available.

11. BenChase7

BenChase7 VIP Member VIP Member

mine automatically switches from wifi to 3G when checking.

12. Xtremess

Xtremess New Member

how can I get firmware update for HTC Desire?

13. joehornback

joehornback Well-Known Member

Real quick, before we get thrown out of here for being off topic, my aunt has a desire and I updated hers, you have to d/l the update from HTC's website and use your USB cable. Be warned, everything is wiped off the phone.