3 vote(s)
    23.1%
  2. Samsung Captivate

10 vote(s)
    76.9%

Last Updated:

1. Dr. Shady PhD

Dr. Shady PhD Well-Known Member This Topic's Starter

I am with AT&T and not going to change. Anyway, I have been wanting to get the HTC Aria, but now that the Samsung Captivate is coming out, I might want it.

Let me tell you what I am going to want to do. I will want alot of apps, cheaper the better, but IDK if it makes a difference in either phone. A good touch screen is nice, but not a deal breaker. I like the size of the Aria, but again, not a deal breaker. And i want a phone with good audio quality and a 3.5 mm head phone jack. I might check e-mail and Twitter. And wi-fi is a MUST have, I know that the aria has one, and I would assume that the Captivate will have one but not sure. I like to text alot, but I could download a key board app.

Also can someone explain the benefits of AMOLED touch-screen. And can you tell me if the Captivate is running 2.1, 2.2 or whatever it is running. And the Captivate is a little out of my budget by about $70, but I bend the rules once for this phone. Thank You! :)

Advertisement
  2. BiGMERF

BiGMERF Well-Known Member

i voted captivate

3. Zardos

Zardos Well-Known Member

Captivate by a mile.

4. Bnice

Bnice Guest

Captivate for sure and its probably running 2.1

5. yournamepenor

yournamepenor Well-Known Member

captivate will ship with 2.1 and the advantages, i guess, of the amoled is the superior colour and the responsiveness of the screen. only downfall is touchWiz

6. SoFLO

SoFLO Guest

I would definitely choose the Captivate.

7. captaincanada84

captaincanada84 Well-Known Member

Definitely the Captivate.

8. Gforce083

Gforce083 Well-Known Member

I am having the same problem... I was sold on the Aria until I found out Captivate hits stores tomorrow.

I've probably watched 95% of all YouTube and Cnet reviews for both phones and I have to say that I think I'm leaning Aria.

Sure the Captivates screen is bigger, Super AMOLED screen, 1Ghz processor and HD video recording but I can't same that I'm a fan of Samsung phones. They make great HDTV's and DVD/Blu-Ray players but phones aren't their strong suit IMO.

Samsungs TouchWiz UI does nothing for me, seems like a copycat of HTC's Sense UI but they did nothing to build on it. HTC Sense UI paired with Android 2.1 seems like the most effortless, efficient and eye appealing phone interface. If I got the Captivate I don't think I'd be as happy having to use TouchWiz everyday. It's not bad or anything, but compared to Sense UI it's apples and oranges to me.

I would love to see HTC & AT&T get a "higher end release" together but for now the Aria seems to be more than most people think it is and I think the Aria will be my choice.

However, we will see what happens come Wednesday when I make a purchase :)

9. sakmaster

sakmaster Active Member

Get the captivate! Its miles ahead of the aria. Super AMOLED screen, 1GHz Hummingbird is leagues head of the 600MHz cpu on the aria. The Captivate has the fasted GPU of any phone, twice as fast as the EVO or Incredible. It believe it also has 6-Axis.

The Galaxy S phones are some of the best phones out, the aria is sort of a budget android phone, they're not even in the same league.

And you can change the Samsung interface to anything you want.

10. Dr. Shady PhD

Dr. Shady PhD Well-Known Member This Topic's Starter

thank you for all your answers!

11. Gforce083

Gforce083 Well-Known Member

Well, I don't know how to "root" and/or load the HTC Sense UI on the Samsung. If it is possible and I knew how to do it, maybe I would. Also, I do my work on a MacBook Pro (not an iPhone user) but I don't know how well all that "rooting" stuff works off OSx either.