Which one should I get?

Last Updated: 2013-01-15 17:14:39
  1. cannon11

cannon11 Well-Known Member

I'm in the market for my FIRST android phone, I'm not really newbie and don't know how a phone works, So I should be able to operate it fine.

I'm going to get either the nexus one or the nexus s.
    Note- I will only be using wifi on them, no data plan.

When I watch comparisons, or whats better about the nexus s, 80% of it has to do with the OS. When the comparisons were made the s had gingerbread and the one didn't, So they made the s seem all better just because it had the new operating system.

So the Real non OS improvements are basically-
    Front camera
    Super AMOLED curved display
    Slightly better battery
    Slightly faster
    Slightly thinner

I think that is basically it, correct me If I'm wrong or if theres more.

I also see that people tend to think the nexus one has a little higher quality feeling, rather than the plasticy nexus s.

Is the trackball kind of useless now because it has multitouch now?

So How much better is the S really since they can be both updated to the same OS now?

Because I plan to buy it off of amazon.com
    And I can get the one for 230$ and the S is 320$, so 90 bucks more.

So is the nexus s really worth the extra 90$? Or not?

I can also get the motorolla atrix 4g, for 200$, So if you think that would be a better option, let me know.

Thank you!:D

Advertisement
  2. Aimar

Aimar Member

Actually this is not the galaxy forum. This is the google Nexus one (HTC made) forum.

The Nexus One has been released in January 2010. I think you might be better off by looking at the galaxy s or galaxy nexus.

Galaxy Nexus is a way nicer phone though. It has been out for a while now (late 2011).
  3. cannon11

cannon11 Well-Known Member

what do you think about the motorolla atrix 4g?
  4. Aimar

Aimar Member

Honestly, I've never held one in my hand so I've no user experience.

Looking for a new phone as well. The phones Ive looked at are the One X, SGS3 and the Galaxy Nexus. Still not sure what to get. Might even buy an iPhone.
  5. SiempreTuna

SiempreTuna Well-Known Member

The Nexus One was a really great phone, but it is getting a bit long in the tooth. Of the two phones you mention, I would go for the S because it's more recent and has more phone memory.

Obviously, if you had the cash, I would recommend a Nexus 4 - if you could get one!