Which option from recovery mode should I use if I just want my good ol 1.6 G1 back?

Last Updated:

1. GlerpGlibbinsJa-Bang

GlerpGlibbinsJa-Bang New Member This Topic's Starter

Hi folks,

I'm a noob. Noobers VonNoobenstein. I tried updating to CM 6 and ended up getting a start up screen that never ends.

Since I'm not going to have time for the next week to try again, I just want to know how to get back to my 1.6 version. I am not familiar with the lingo (although I can follow instructions to a T) and I'm thinking that getting back to Kansas has to do with:

1. Booting into Recovery Mode
    2. Choosing one of those options.

I put the Amon Ra recovery stuff on my phone, and if that's what I need to do, then I just need to know which command will work.

Thanks for any help anyone can give!
    Noobers

Advertisement
  2. barrybob

barrybob Member

Did you do a Nandroid backup BEFORE you flashed CM6?
    If so, do a 'Nand Restore' via the 'Backup / Restore' option in recovery mode.
    If not, you will either have to flash a 1.6 rom OR redo the process of rooting your phone aka revert back to RC29etc

A common (but not the only) reason for bootloops is not performing a full wipe (via recovery) before flashing a new rom (Wipe data/factory reset, Wipe cache and Wipe Dalvik-cache).
    If you didnt do a backup before flashing CM6, try wiping everything and flash CM6 again without gapps. If successful, then flash gapps.

It is a good idea to backup any working rom before flashing another

The advice offered above is what has worked for me personally. There may be other / easier options available