Which phone - Blackberry Curve or Droid?

Last Updated:

1. lolreconlol

lolreconlol Member This Topic's Starter

I'm trying to decide between a Blackberry Curve and a Droid. Can you help me decide? I would use it primarily for apps, email, Facebook, and Twitter. I heard though that the Droid 1 has call quality issues, is that true? Thanks! ;)

Advertisement
  2. Steven58

Steven58 Reformed PH VIP Member

My daughter has a curve and I have a Droid X. The curve is too behind the times and she's pushing me for a droid or droid 2. If you want to be up on the latest that's available to you, go with the droid. Regarding call quality issues, it's a great phone. Try it at the store and see.

3. DROIDdidME

DROIDdidME Well-Known Member

I really can't see any advantage to getting the Blackberry...Android doesn't everything the BB would do AND some. Also, Blackberry has been around forever and is somewhat stagnant. Android is still young so it's amazing to think of what's still to come for this great OS :)

I think you know what I'd pick ;)

4. emoguy

emoguy New Member

I was a loyal Blackerry user for many years until I used an HTC Eris when I worked for Verizon Wireless. I had a curve 8530 as my personal phone (on US Cellular under a contract.) I left Verizon employment and had to turn in my Eris. I MISSED IT LIKE AN OLD FRIEND until the day my USCC contract was up and was able to buy my Acclaim. I will never go back to my blackberry (unless I have to put my curve on my line while the android is being repaired or waiting on insurance claim). GET AN ANDROID PHONE!

5. sudkcoce

sudkcoce Well-Known Member

Get HTC Desire.

6. takeshi

takeshi Well-Known Member

Both devices can do what you're looking for though Android has the upper hand with apps. If you really can't decide after reading and comparing specs then try them both out in person to see which suits you best.

Nope. Specific people may have call quality issues with their Droids but a few data points don't mean that all Droids have the issue.