Which phone did all of you come from?General

Last Updated: 2012-05-16 18:27:36
  1. blacktea

blacktea Well-Known Member

I have noticed a lot of people using the HTC Desire before they made the switch to the One X. It's the same in my case, I also used an HTC Desire before making the switch.

So I was interested in seeing what devices you guys used before the One X.

Advertisement
    El Presidente likes this.
  2. anoniemouse

anoniemouse Well-Known Member

+1 for the desire, if the one x holds up to the early promise then it should be every bit as great as the desire was when that was new.
  3. craftycarper

craftycarper Well-Known Member

Yep, Desire here also, just happened i was at end of contract when One X came out so it was the logical choice for me. LOVING IT.:D
  4. El Presidente

El Presidente Beware The Milky Pirate! Moderator

Desire HD. I could upgrade in January, but had a totally agonising wait until the start of the month before this came out. I nearly went for the Nexus, but I'm glad I was patient.
  5. Trekk

Trekk Well-Known Member

Nokia lumia 900, and I am happy I switched
  6. cupraman

cupraman Active Member

Desire hd and I came to upgrade time 2 days after the release of the one x, happy days.
  7. ab2502

ab2502 Member

Samsung impression, so happy with the one x.
  8. Dave L

Dave L Well-Known Member

Desire for me too. Was on the lookout for a new phone. I got the heads up from these forums that HTC was nearing the release of new phone so decides to wait. Really pleased I did. Well impressed so far.
  9. Oridus

Oridus Well-Known Member

HTC Inspire, Samsung Galaxy S II, Samsung Galaxy Note, Nokia Lumia 900 are the phones i've used in the last 8 months... now going with the One X.
  10. moix

moix Well-Known Member

Iphone 4, Galaxy s2. so far so good, a little issue with the battery life. and yea still figuring out a way to restore my s2 backup (.sbu) in one x
  11. Casanunda

Casanunda Well-Known Member

I've been having a read through this subforum as I got my One X on Monday and thought this was as good a thread as any to say hello to everyone. Seems a good phone so far, but I'm now just about to unlock the bootloader as I need rid of Sense asap! I've come from a two year old Desire by the way :)
  12. kevinlufc

kevinlufc Well-Known Member

Desire for me. Was a fantastic phone, apart from the storage issue.
  13. blacktea

blacktea Well-Known Member

Yeah storage was a HUGE problem for me on my Desire. I've actually found the built-in internal storage pretty useful. No need to hassle with SD cards anymore. :thrasher:
  14. s.m.knipe

s.m.knipe Well-Known Member

My most recent device lineage is Atrix 4G -> (International- Yakju) Galaxy Nexus (so I am used to the 16GB storage limitation we will see stateside here)
  15. JKOH

JKOH Member

Desire for 20 months, Sensation XE for 4 months and One X now. Not that the Sensation XE is no good but because the One X is superb. Really like the camera and video function, takes very good pictures, even indoor night photo looks clear and sharp. The screed display is very good and natural, viewing outdoor at auto setting is still good, one of the best HTC phone to date. Will likely stay with One X for a year or more until the next worthy HTC new phone is available.
  16. RetroDude

RetroDude Well-Known Member

Desire for me, contract expired about 4 months ago but they put me on a short term contract so i could upgrade any time. Been waiting for the right phone, delighted with my choice.
  17. callihan_44

callihan_44 Well-Known Member

how much better do you like the one x vs the sg2? Im about to upgrade to one of the two and havent decided yet...The size of the one x may sway me the other way.
  18. deakodude

deakodude Well-Known Member

Desire here too for me.
  19. Martin L

Martin L Well-Known Member

Came from a Legend.
    Still love the look and feel of that phone, but size does matter....
  20. ifb-online

ifb-online Well-Known Member

Although at the last minute I went for the Galaxy Note after obsessing about a One X for weeks :) - I think I would have been very happy with a One X - I thought I would contribute here; I was a HTC Desire user before.

Ian
  21. NikkiC

NikkiC Well-Known Member

I came from an iPhone 4S. Not missing it at all and loving the One X.
  22. Angelman

Angelman Member

Last phone I had was an Orange San Francisco (ZTE Blade) which was my first introduction to Android. As you can imagine the step up to the One X is a significant one!

However, I have owned both an iPhone 3G and an iPhone 4 in the past. Seems a long time ago now though and I'm now a complete Android convert, definitely.
  23. galaxyian

galaxyian Member

I come from a samsung galaxy gio. I had many issues with it's internal storage so i am relieved i wil get my htc one x tomorrow
  24. darka5sa5sin

darka5sa5sin Guest

I have come from iPhone 4S... had an iphone in one guise or another since day one... the One X is my first Android phone.
  25. Netherdragon

Netherdragon Well-Known Member

Desire HD i what I was using.

bought it sim free and had a cheap ass Three sim only contract.

Upgraded 3 months early and got 3 to write off my early upgrade fees so went for the One X

So happy with it, especially as My Desire HD was really begining to chug in the last few months I was using it.