• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Which phone for FPSE?

dajuke

Jun 7, 2010
So in three weeks I will be upgrading my phone and will finally have the chance to purchase a high end one. The two choices I am considering are the Galaxy Nexus and the samsung Epic 4g touch. From those of you with experience with these phones, which one would be a better choice to run the psone emulator FPSE? I would be happy to hear any and all thoughts. I looked at a couple videos of the galaxy nexus and it seemed okay, but would get slightly choppy, and could find no video of the 4g touch. so please help me decide before it's too late!!

While that would be nice, I'm limited to the standard Sprint phones and the games I would play don't really require buttons for fast action. I just have a couple old rpg in my library I would like to take on the road with me. so I would be using the virtual keypad. Unless there is a sprint phone with comparable hardware and a slide out keyboard. On my intercept I simply bind the functions to my keyboard and it works well enough.

Upvote 0
Well if you're into rpg's (that's me) virtual controllers get the job done. As far as phones go I ran fpse on my old droid x without any problems so I doubt you'd have any with a new high end phone. Just pick the phone you like man cause they all will work. Altho I would go for a dual core just to be ready for future emus. :)

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones