which phone has the better screen display, the nexus one or the droid?

Last Updated:

1. richie021501

richie021501 Well-Known Member This Topic's Starter

OK so im just looking for opinions, which phone do you think has the better screen (display), the nexus one or the Droid? I guess 2 things to consider are 1. The Droid is 480 x 854 while the nexus one is only 480 x 800 and 2. The nexus one has an AMOLED display. Now im not the most tech savvy person so im not 100% sure what these mean lol all I know is that from what ive heard, #1 goes to the Droid and #2 goes to the nexus. So idk, is it really just a matter of opinion? I own a nexus one and it has a great screen but from what ive seen from the Droid, the droids screen looked a tad better. However that could be due to my limited experience and if I had the Droid for a while, my opinion might change.

Idk.....thoughts???

Advertisement
  2. ILoveMyDroid

ILoveMyDroid Well-Known Member

Definitely the Droid, it has a 267 ppi capacity whereas the Nexus one features only a 163 ppi screen. ppi means pixels per inch so get the droid.

3. rcicu

rcicu Well-Known Member

Adr6300!

4. richie021501

richie021501 Well-Known Member This Topic's Starter

Lets keep this between the droid and the nexus one shall we lol

jrob007 likes this.
  5. gwlaw99

gwlaw99 Well-Known Member

Nexus one has more vibrant colors, but some say they are innacurate.
    Droid has more resolution (the Nexus fakes some of its resolution).
    Droid screen is much better in direct sunlight.
    Droid multi touch is much more accurate.

6. tyneusch

tyneusch Well-Known Member

Havn't ever seen the Nexus One personally but from all I hear and my experience with the Droid, I say the Droid wins. The N1's AMOLED screen fails in direct sunlight. My droid has never failed on me as far as birghtness, touch accuracy and graphics.

7. gotwillk

gotwillk Well-Known Member

my coworker has the N1 and i gotta say the display is not that great. you can see noticeable pixels, like the actual individual pixels on the screen. i dunno how to explain but it makes the screen look really "dotty".

even though its AMOLED, it doesn't seem as sharp to me as the Droid Does. the Droid seems smoother, while the nexus one almost seems like it has an interlaced display.

8. cggorman

cggorman Well-Known Member

Droid does

9. eriku16

eriku16 Active Member

To the OP, don't expect to get an informed, impartial answer here.

10. vetea

vetea New Member

With its gorgeous hardware, speedy Snapdragon processor, and a knockout 4.3-inch display, the HTC HD2 ($200 with a two-year contract from T-Mobile; price as of 4/1/10) seems to be the perfect smartphone.
    nexus one verizon release date

11. nstallion

nstallion Well-Known Member

From what I've seen it breaks down into three main issues:

1. The Nexus ONE's AMOLED screen - each pixel is its own light source so it has much blacker blacks and therefore better contrast.
    2. The Droid's LCD screen is much brighter and so has no problems being seen in direct sunlight, whereas the Nexus One does.

3. This (in my opinion) is a big one - The Nexus One doesn't really have an 800x480 resolution screen!

Taken from ubergizmo.com - Nexus One display resolution not really 800 x 480?

12. tomato88

tomato88 Well-Known Member

Major advantages of AMOLED is that it needs no backlight so that it is thinner and requires less power. I think it perfectly suites for smartphones and PMP's, while most of people won't use their phone as a professional designing tool that color correctness is vital. My vote for now goes to Droid, but I think AMOLED has a lot of potential to improve and become dominant in the future.

13. cggorman

cggorman Well-Known Member