1. 2015 is going to be a great year for Android! Why wait??
    Samsung Galaxy Note 5 | Samsung Galaxy S6 | HTC One M9
  2. New Forum Created: Samsung Gear VR!

Which phone to upgrade to

1. mom22boys

mom22boys Member

I have a Rezound. Love it, but can up grade. Any suggestions that are $100 or less? I am on Verizon. I thought about the Galaxy 3, but keep hearing about screens cracking to easy. Thanks for suggestions!

Advertisement
    :
  2. Metroid Prime

Metroid Prime Oil Can!!! Oil Can!!! VIP Member

I'd say the S3 is really good and my screen hasn't cracked. Perhaps the Droid Bionic or DNA? They're all good devices. The Samsung Stratosphere is 30 and the Droid DNA is 200. You might look into the LG Spectrum 2 for 80. The Galaxy Note which is a great device is 300.
    mom22boys likes this.
  3. saptech

saptech Well-Known Member

Is that referring to the Stratosphere II? I haven't heard much about it. The Motorola Rarz M looks like a pretty good phone also.
  4. damewolf13

damewolf13 live~laugh~love VIP Member

I have 2 S3's and both screens are fine, and the phone seems as soundly made as any of the others out there.
    I still recommend the S3. If you can get it for that price, it would be a great deal, imo!
    mom22boys likes this.
  5. mom22boys

mom22boys Member

Maybe the screens were part of a bad batch at the beginning. However, there are posts all over different message boards about it.
  6. FreakZone

FreakZone Member

The S3 is gorgeous, but I'd say a good idea would be to aim for something with Nexus branding, the Nexus 4 for example, because those get the OS updates as soon as Google bring them out, whilst most others have to wait!
  7. Gmash

Gmash Well-Known Member

The Rezound is still a good phone. Most of the phones mentioned wouldn't be a big upgrade, except maybe the Note 2 or the DNA. If those two don't interest you, I would hold out for the next round of phones like the S4 or Moto X or HTC One. (or whatever they end up being named)
  8. SiempreTuna

SiempreTuna Well-Known Member

I've never heard that SIII are particularly prone to cracking screens .. Seems like a really good phone, particularly if you can get it for $100. Think I'd wait a month or so as I'm sure the price of the SIII will drop pretty quickly after the S4 is announced.

The high end HTCs are really good, too.

The Nexus 4 is awesome, but you should only get it if you're going to pay substantially less than they're asking for the SIII / One X.
  9. Digital Controller

Digital Controller The Real Bass Creator Guide

I have moved this thread into the Device Comparison forum to get some better feedback :)
  10. Hadron

Hadron Well-Known Member Contributor

I don't think they are any more than any other phone. Huge numbers have been sold, you will find a few cases if you search the net, but what's the fraction?