Which Phone

Last Updated:

1. zen200

zen200 Member This Topic's Starter

I really am having difficulty in choosing a phone.

Can anyone who has any of the following phones let me know their thoughts please.

I am looking for details on the video cameras and still camera quality as well as overall phones daily living with it.... ie battery life, easy of use, texting, apps etc.

Droid X
    Galaxy s
    Desire
    Nexus one
    OR any suggestions (upcoming phones maybe)

I have seen the Iphone 4 camera and video and would really like something as close to that quality as possible.

Thanks in advance

Zen

P.S. I currently have a Nokia N96 which has an ok camera with flash and average video in my opinion.

Advertisement
  2. NYCHitman1

NYCHitman1 Gun for Hire Developer

Well, all of the aforementioned phones are great phones.. it all depends on what mobile provider you decide to choose

3. Frisco

Frisco =Luceat Lux Vestra= VIP Member

4. Schwin97

Schwin97 Well-Known Member

I would stay away from the Droid X until someone actually shows the can unlock it. I currently own the Nexus One for AT&T and love it, but if I was getting a new phone I would most likely go with the Galaxy S. It has already been rooted, so loading custom ROMs on it is just around the corner.

I don't know if any of the android phones will have a camera that rivals the iPhone 4 yet, but adding a better camera into a phone shouldn't be too hard and I would guess we will see phones with better cameras soon?

5. NYCHitman1

NYCHitman1 Gun for Hire Developer

If they prove the US Version of Galaxy S can be rooted (EPIC 4G for me since I'm on Sprint) I would love to pick one up. I'm not a fan of the physical keyboard honestly but it'll be the best available atm. Not to mention TouchWiz sucks balls so flashing a custom ROM would definitely interest me.

On a side note, it also depends how much $ you are willing to spend on your monthly plan. All these things should be considered before you start looking at phones, imo.

6. Dr. Shady PhD

Dr. Shady PhD Well-Known Member

With AT&T I would go with HTC Aria
    With Sprint I would go with Evo
    With T-Mobile I would go with N1
    With Verizon I would go with Droid-X

But over all I would go with the HTC Aria or the Droid-X. Don't know about the Droid-X but I know HTC Aria has a 5 mp camera no flash. And i believe iphone 4 has 8 mp but I could be wrong. So if camera is a huge thing Aria might not be the phone for you.