• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Root Which Program do I use to unroot?

rimmi2002

Dec 2, 2010
Hi I want to unroot my fascinate. SAw the instructions in the unroot forum. But I am a complete Newbie. Which program do I use to do these instructions. Is this going to be program running on the phone or the comp? Any help will be much appreciated. I have the instructions below. Thanks.

How To Remove Root

adb shell
su (its going to ask you for permission on your phone so hit allow)
mount -t rfs -o remount,rw /dev/block/stl9 /system
rm /system/app/Superuser.apk
rm /system/xbin/busybox
rm /system/xbin/su
rm /system/bin/su
rm /system/bin/busybox
mount -t rfs -o remount,ro /dev/block/stl9 /system
exit

Hi I want to unroot my fascinate. SAw the instructions in the unroot forum. But I am a complete Newbie. Which program do I use to do these instructions. Is this going to be program running on the phone or the comp? Any help will be much appreciated. I have the instructions below. Thanks.

How To Remove Root

adb shell
su (its going to ask you for permission on your phone so hit allow)
mount -t rfs -o remount,rw /dev/block/stl9 /system
rm /system/app/Superuser.apk
rm /system/xbin/busybox
rm /system/xbin/su
rm /system/bin/su
rm /system/bin/busybox
mount -t rfs -o remount,ro /dev/block/stl9 /system
exit

Any particular reason you want to unroot? Just curious

But yeah the ideal way is with adb but that involves installing the android sdk

Your best bet is to download android terminal emulator from the market (its free) and start the code with su not adb shell as that line is only neccessary in adb

Its a pain to type it all out but that's what ya gotta do

Upvote 0
Any particular reason you want to unroot? Just curious

But yeah the ideal way is with adb but that involves installing the android sdk

Your best bet is to download android terminal emulator from the market (its free) and start the code with su not adb shell as that line is only neccessary in adb

Its a pain to type it all out but that's what ya gotta do

Phone has been malfunction so needed to return it. Found the adb application along with the rooting applications. I ran the commands as writen.

adb shell --> worked
su -- > worked --> gave permission on the phone
mount -t rfs -o remount,rw /dev/block/stl9 /system --> worked
rm /system/app/Superuser.apk --> said there was no such directory/file
rm /system/xbin/busybox --> worked
rm /system/xbin/su --> worked
rm /system/bin/su --> said there was no such directory/file
rm /system/bin/busybox --> said there was no such directory/file
mount -t rfs -o remount,ro /dev/block/stl9 /system -->worked
exit

basically anything in the /system/bin/ it did not find. When I retried, on typing su, now it says su not found. Superuser is still on the phone and I cannot uninstall it. Any ideas on what I can do. Thanks.

Upvote 0
Phone has been malfunction so needed to return it. Found the adb application along with the rooting applications. I ran the commands as writen.

adb shell --> worked
su -- > worked --> gave permission on the phone
mount -t rfs -o remount,rw /dev/block/stl9 /system --> worked
rm /system/app/Superuser.apk --> said there was no such directory/file
rm /system/xbin/busybox --> worked
rm /system/xbin/su --> worked
rm /system/bin/su --> said there was no such directory/file
rm /system/bin/busybox --> said there was no such directory/file
mount -t rfs -o remount,ro /dev/block/stl9 /system -->worked
exit

basically anything in the /system/bin/ it did not find. When I retried, on typing su, now it says su not found. Superuser is still on the phone and I cannot uninstall it. Any ideas on what I can do. Thanks.

Idk why it didn't kill superuser but go to xda under fascinate android development and look for adrynalynes new all in one dio1 Odin package

Flash the whole package and it will kill anything left of root

Upvote 0
Nitsuj gives great advice (as usual ;)), rimmi.

I just want to add that when I unrooted for the very first time, the su remained and I was dismayed. I then checked and found it residing on the sd card, and not in the xbin folder, so it was not being touched by the rm command, and of course there was no error message to tell me that.

So, I changed the line to: rm /sdcard/su

http://androidforums.com/fascinate-...db-su-terminal-unroot-method.html#post1796729

Upvote 0
Nitsuj gives great advice (as usual ;)), rimmi.

I just want to add that when I unrooted for the very first time, the su remained and I was dismayed. I then checked and found it residing on the sd card, and not in the xbin folder, so it was not being touched by the rm command, and of course there was no error message to tell me that.

So, I changed the line to: rm /sdcard/su

http://androidforums.com/fascinate-...db-su-terminal-unroot-method.html#post1796729

ah good info frisco....that sneaky superuser! not wanting to let innocent phones out of its clutches :eek:

Upvote 0
ah good info frisco....that sneaky superuser! not wanting to let innocent phones out of its clutches :eek:
what do you expect from someone who looks like this
snap20101212_083620-1.jpg

:p;):D

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones