Which radio are you using?

1. ak29

ak29 Well-Known Member

I was using 5.14.05.17 for the last few months and it worked pretty good for me. Recently tried 5.17.05.23 and 5.17.05.08 both were worse with battery life. 5.14.05.17 seems like the best combination of signal and battery life. Which radio are you using and which one works best with you?

Advertisement
  2. SUroot

SUroot Well-Known Member Developer

They're all much over muchness to me. The older ones did seem not as good on battery but I cant see any difference with the last 3 or so I tried.

I'm on 32.54.00.32_5.14.05.17

I haven't tried any newer ones.
  3. Howard Hopkinson

Howard Hopkinson Well-Known Member

32.48.00.32U_5.11.05.14

My battery life seems pretty good, especially with the rom I'm running.
  4. GingaB

GingaB Well-Known Member

My previous radio 5.11.05.27 gave me some problems with SMS! I also heared echos of myself whilst talking on the phone and vice versa plus the mobile net was sluggish to say the least but since upgrading to 5.14.05.17 everything is more snappier and all the problems vanished. I have no complaints so far!
  5. Hadron

Hadron Well-Known Member Contributor

I'm using 5.17.05.08. TBH I find it pretty much the same as the 32.54 one, but that also meant there was no need to change back. I've not tried the most recent one.

Biggest difference was that gps lock was slower with the 32.49 one. Otherwise I can't say I've found much between different radios.
  6. togger161

togger161 Well-Known Member

I'm running 5.17.05.08 as well. Only upgraded it today so can't comment about the battery life as yet.

One thing that does seem quicker (though it may just be a coincidence). On the old radio I'd switch to wifi to download something from the market, the 3G would go off, wifi would switch on and stay white for around 30 seconds and I'd get network errors. The same would happen going back to 3G. Now it seems to switch very quickly, around 10 seconds before being usable. GPS is also working fine. Sticking with this one for now.
  7. shauny13

shauny13 Well-Known Member

The one which came with orange. Never ever flashed another one........too scared! :D:D:D
  8. eric_son

eric_son Member

I'm also at 5.11.05.14.
    My first ever flash -- RCMix S v2.0 -- seems to be working quite well on this.
    I'm following this forum's FAQ to the letter --> If the new ROM works, then don't touch the radio. Hehehehe (in other words, I'm still scared to mess with my Radio...)