• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Root Which ROM are you all using?

Xyro, same drain, app drawer faster, games smoother :p , I would say :D. Kinda feels smoother. Froyd is fast but cant keep the speed up. But this is just a first impression.

oh and has more errors in the logcat :p . And the sound makes a "plop" sound when going on. And I had to go without the BFS, the bfs lags :)

Slug a question, do you know if the drain is fixed in the 1.9? (The 1.8 had it too) you are the few lucky ones who dont get it :p . But all CM based roms having these issues

Upvote 0
Go on, live dangerously.... :D

And you have the BFS ? :D . I am doing without it fine. Right now I have 3 trouble with this rom.

1. Drainage (will still have to calibrate but I dont think it will help :) ) cant wait for the fix :p
2. Not properly sleeping (something wakes it up will unistall all I dont need :p)
3. And this, it was same with alankilas driver on froyd, the akmd eating most of my CPU and I have rotate even off... and no landscape games or anything running in the background

But its a great rom! Smoother as froyd :p will see how 1.6 will compare :D

Upvote 0
The battery life is quite good for me. I'll admit that i've only had my hero for a week (Managed to root it a few days ago) so i guess i don't really know what good battery life is with the Hero, but i'm now sitting at 56% with just over 12 hours up time.

During that time i have been doing linpack benchmarks and testing out my OpenVPN server so i would presume the phone would have even better battery life when i get over the novelty :).

Additionally i did not flash any kernel after flashing the rom. I just flashed the Elelinux 1.9 and a theme. Maybe insalling one of those other kernels drains more battery life than not doing it?

Or maybe my battery life is crap in which i would like you to let me know :).

Upvote 0
Or maybe my battery life is crap in which i would like you to let me know :).

Its fine :D . And do yourself a favor :p do not inquire how much you could get more or less. If you are happy with it then its ok :D. Or you will end up like me :p . Craving for every minute more :)

About other kernels I think there is already the NON BFS in the rom :)
And if your hero is fine and smooth. Let it be and enjoy it :)

Slug again thx for the black mod theme :p I love it :p (a little thing that made my day :D)

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones