• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Root Which ROM do you prefer? MOTO Droid

woogyboogy

Mar 24, 2010
I'm currently trying to figure out which ROM is the best for battery life, speed, and performance. I plan on buying the Droid Bionic when it is released, but until then I am just experimenting. I'm wondering what is the best ROM you guys prefer. Right now I'm running Bugless Beast 0.6.1. Before I switched to BB I had Cyanogen and I was told BB was better, But I have noticed the battery life isn't as great. BB has a built in Setcpu and I have mine at MAX: 800, and MIN: 550, on demand.

If anyone can give me their opinions, that would be great! Thanks!!!

I'm currently trying to figure out which ROM is the best for battery life, speed, and performance. I plan on buying the Droid Bionic when it is released, but until then I am just experimenting. I'm wondering what is the best ROM you guys prefer. Right now I'm running Bugless Beast 0.6.1. Before I switched to BB I had Cyanogen and I was told BB was better, But I have noticed the battery life isn't as great. BB has a built in Setcpu and I have mine at MAX: 800, and MIN: 550, on demand.

If anyone can give me their opinions, that would be great! Thanks!!!

You can also try installing BB .6.2.1 to see if that improves the battery life. But tiwstedlim has probably given the best advice by slowing down your minimum setting to 125.

Upvote 0
BB has a built in Setcpu and I have mine at MAX: 800, and MIN: 550, on demand.

So you're using the built-in CPU governor or SetCPU? As far as I know, these are two different things. I've always preferred using SetCPU because of the option to create profiles and the ability to underclock (something many ROMs with built-in governors don't allow). You may run into problems setting your minimum to 125 (mine doesn't like being that slow). But setting your minimum to 250 does save battery life. I also underclock when the screen is off and I have it set to slow down as the battery drains.

But to answer your initial question, I'd suggest you give UltimateDroid 2.5 a try. I get AMAZING battery life with the ROM. I just use the stock kernel and in addition to wonderful battery life I never have heat issues or lag. My phone has been off the charger for 11 hours and, with moderate use, I'm still at 80% at this moment.

Upvote 0
So you're using the built-in CPU governor or SetCPU? As far as I know, these are two different things. I've always preferred using SetCPU because of the option to create profiles and the ability to underclock (something many ROMs with built-in governors don't allow). You may run into problems setting your minimum to 125 (mine doesn't like being that slow). But setting your minimum to 250 does save battery life. I also underclock when the screen is off and I have it set to slow down as the battery drains.

But to answer your initial question, I'd suggest you give UltimateDroid 2.5 a try. I get AMAZING battery life with the ROM. I just use the stock kernel and in addition to wonderful battery life I never have heat issues or lag. My phone has been off the charger for 11 hours and, with moderate use, I'm still at 80% at this moment.

Where do you get UD 2.5? I've looked in Rom Manager and they don't have it. Thanks!

Upvote 0
Rom Mgr does not support UD roms anymore (they still host a few older ones). You can d/l them from Theultimatedroid.com or somewhere in the forums here. I've tried it and it flies with low battery use. Right now I'm on UD 3.0 beta. Love the speed, look, etc., but battery life is no better than CM or BB versions. The price for Gingerbread, I suppose. When it's finalized, I'll be content, I believe.

I'll probably switch back to UD 2.5 if I can find the right theme (and get it to work) until 3.0 is finalized.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones