Which ROM has been on your phone the longest?

Last Updated:

1. xmr405o

xmr405o Well-Known Member This Topic's Starter

Since I've rooted my phone, I have yet to have a particular ROM "version" stay flashed on my phone for more than a week. The one that stayed on my phone the longest was the BB 07.4 (I think that the ROMS name, I forget). I feel like a ROM whore. I don't think I'll ever be loyal to one ROM version. How about yall?

Advertisement
  2. johnlgalt

johnlgalt Antidisestablishmentarian VIP Member

Android Stock 2.0.1 :p

After that ... ummm, I'm with you - nothing longer than a week....

For now, that is....

3. UBRocked

UBRocked VZW Nexus Please!!! VIP Member

Not possible to list...I switch so often I am not certain what is on my phone right now without looking :D

I would say that I have been most loyal to the Bugless series of Roms but when there is an update...I don't even read the change log...I just backup my current config and then load the new one.

4. xmr405o

LOL. haha I guess you're right.

I guess there will never be a perfect "custom" ROM. :p

5. xmr405o

I've been loyal to pete's ROMs. He never ceases to amaze me. The new V0.5 is really nice. I was thinking that this might stay on my phone the longest but I always find myself looking for an update. sigh

6. UBRocked

Pete should have taken the motorola approch to updates and he would only have to release an update once a year. :D

I appreciate all the Developers work on the roms and fixes and themes, etc...Without them, android would be so plain!

7. johnlgalt

I would like to see the ADC ROM get fully developed....I saw the most potential there as it does what no other ROM does - acts as if it is an official ROM, with automatic app reinstallation....

8. xmr405o

Or the Windows Mobile way and update every millennium?:p

9. johnlgalt

Believe it or not, back a couple of years ago or more, I first learned about the XDA-developers network when researching how to get rid of the boring WinMo 5 on my older iPaq 2490Cs - there I found the instructions on how to get WinMo 6 on those devices that should not even be running it....

WinMo had one major advantage when I started playing with Windows 7 over a year ago - the sync was fantabulous....

I almost wish I had a desktop version of the Motorola Phone Portal - With my Alias, I was using BitPIM to keep all of my phone call logs and SMS logs - I have every single call made to and from that phone and SMS sent to and from that phone still backed up on my computer in BitPIM....

But with my DROID I keep forgetting to run Phone Portal before flashing to a new ROM....lol

10. xmr405o

Bitpim!!!! LOL. I remember using that to get ringtones on my old phones!!!

Yeah, this why I love Android so much. I loved flashing roms on my Winmo phones but not as much as I do on my Android phone.

11. vincentp

vincentp Well-Known Member

Er, none of them really. I switch constantly. If you don't count versions though, I was using Bugless Beast for quite some time, just multiple iterations of it.

12. mihalich

mihalich Well-Known Member

Version wise I was on 2.0.1 the longest. Other ROMs, I've been using sholes/droidmod exclusively. Been on DroidMod 1.0 since it came out.

Joe

13. shrink57

shrink57 Well-Known Member

I keep trying new versions of Ultimate and Pete's but still wind up going back to DroidMod 1.0 - for me it has been the most stable.

14. headbanger51

headbanger51 Well-Known Member

Am I pathetic that I just flashed my first ROM earlier today and I'm already looking for another ROM? I guess I just want to do this several times in rapid succession so it sticks in my brain.

15. dfine06

dfine06 Well-Known Member

So far only Smoked glass4.5 since about a week ago. i wanna switch to petes or droidmod but thay are still a little confusing to me :( esp BB.

16. The_Chief

The_Chief Accept no imitations! Moderator

I don't know... add Flash 10.1 to Bugless Beast 1.1 and I can't imagine a perfecter ROM :D

Live Wallpapers, root access, News & Weather widget... what's not to love?

17. xmr405o

Love is one thing but to find the perfect love is more elusive. haha. when 10.1 is released you know all the custom roms are going to have it.

We should have a custom ROM pageant. haha

18. tiredhiker

tiredhiker Well-Known Member

What can I run on a G1. I love my G1 and I really would like to get my moneys worth out of it since I payed $400 usd for it. Living on 1.6 for so long is boring.

19. bose301s

bose301s Well-Known Member

Sholes and DroidMod in general, never left a BB build on my phone for more than 24 hours, just never seems as stable or as polished to me as the droidmod roms do.

20. xmr405o

I don't know I've never looked in All Droid for G1 ROMS. Moto Droid is my first Android phone. I'm sure there are custom roms for that phone though.

21. ccousinsjr

ccousinsjr Well-Known Member

Usually a new ROM every 6-24 hours.. I'm a teenager, what'd you expect?

22. CRPercodani

CRPercodani OFWGKTA VIP Member

You need to goto xda for g1 stuff. I had one for almost a year and it has the biggest selection of custom rom's and themes, wayyyyyy more then the Droid. Here are some of my suggestions...

[ROM]Super D 1.9.3 (2/25) - xda-developers

UPDATE![ROM]CaNNoN202 Complete Eclair [v1.2](Crowd Pleaser)[2/19/10]-[FAST][STABLE] - xda-developers

[ROM] [UPDATE 2.8] Htcclay FastTest 02/25/10 - xda-developers

[ROM] OpenEclair v1.2.2 DietEclair - AOSP 2.1r2 [Fastest Version Yet] [02/25/2010] - xda-developers

[ROM] Motorola Blur / S-Blur_1.071 - Bluetooth [G1/MT3g][11/10] - xda-developers

[ROM] MLIGN-HeroV3.3 - xda-developers

[ROM][32B/Dream][Dec23][Dwang][Donut][Speed and Stability][v1.17.1] - xda-developers

Cyanogen Updater - 4.5.2 - Get ready for something sexy - xda-developers

I have been away from the g1 scene for awhile but I know all of these devs for the most part and they make some AWESOME stuff, you can have sense, blur, 2.1 and pretty much anything you want.

Here is a good recovery if you don't have one.

[Recovery] [13-Dec-2009] RA-dream-v1.5.2 - xda-developers

And for themes go here,

Android Themes - xda-developers

23. UBRocked

Hey switching roms is for us older folks. You should put down the phone and pick up a girl! :D

There NOT an app for that!

24. snake_fist_gung_fu

snake_fist_gung_fu Well-Known Member

Im a sucker for change so nothing stays on there long. I will admit I am impatiently waiting for the new DM release even though DM 1.0 really dose rock.

25. BenDroid

BenDroid Well-Known Member

I have been pretty much been a dedicated sholes/droidmod user since I rooted my phone. I have tried Pete's roms and did not see much difference between it and droidmod, but I will say that the new Smoked Glass 5.0 from Adamz looks pretty nice. I might be experimenting with it pretty soon.