• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Root Which ROM have YOU flashed?

NovaFox238

Dec 22, 2009
Sup everyone.

Just curious to whats going on in the EVO community, as far as who flashed which ROM, and why. Maybe even provide a link to the ROM, or the dev site! That always helps too. So lets start with mine::

--------------------------------------------------------------------------

1) Which custom ROM are you using? (or Stock?)
- Currently running Fresh 0.2 Custom ROM. Loving the speed and nearly bugless experience. Custom navi-bar is a nice feature, but currently running LauncherPro on top of it.

2) Why are you using it?
- Considering its my first real ROM experience, Fresh seems to be the more popular of the bunch. Sticking with it until something else awesome comes out, or maybe this one can just get better. ^_^

3) Pros / Cons?
- PROS - Fast, reliable, nearly no errors, at all. Trust-worthy name in the ROM society. Removes unwanted Apps and bettery life seems pretty fair. Can only get better.
- CONS - Seem to be having trouble changing wallpapers. (getting FC?)

1. Running Bugless Beast V0.3

2.Heard about these ROMs on other phones and most had good things to say about it, so i gave it a try and it looks like a keeper. Faster, More RAM and Better battery are some of the benefits I have received so far.

3. PRO-Faster, more ram, lots of customizations coming in the future.
CON- My push gmail is acting wierd, but the gmail widget works fine *shrug* other than that its great.

Upvote 0
My push gmail is acting wierd, but the gmail widget works fine *shrug* other than that its great.

I bet you ran the Bloatware removal right? Mine did the same thing with the bloatware zip installed. Remove them manually.

I'm runing bugless .3 as well. I ran OMJ's ROM for a while. Not much difference really. Wireless tether is always nice though. We have to give it another month before really good ROM's start popping up

Upvote 0
I am running my own custom ROM I built with the Android Kitchen. I rooted it, added the wi-fi tether and made most of the Sprint apps uninstallable. Plus I added a custom hosts file to block most ads.

I don't really consider myself a chef, but this was easy enough for me. I will likely use someone else's ROM when something much more interesting comes out. Most of the fullly functional ROMs out there aren't too far from stock IMO. I know that will change though. I am would like a Froyo base with the overclock kernel, but will wait until the ROM is fully functional (camera, rotate, etc).

My NAND is also unlocked now too.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones