Which ROM have YOU flashed?

Last Updated:

1. NovaFox238

NovaFox238 Well-Known Member This Topic's Starter

Sup everyone.

Just curious to whats going on in the EVO community, as far as who flashed which ROM, and why. Maybe even provide a link to the ROM, or the dev site! That always helps too. So lets start with mine::

--------------------------------------------------------------------------

1) Which custom ROM are you using? (or Stock?)
    - Currently running Fresh 0.2 Custom ROM. Loving the speed and nearly bugless experience. Custom navi-bar is a nice feature, but currently running LauncherPro on top of it.

2) Why are you using it?
    - Considering its my first real ROM experience, Fresh seems to be the more popular of the bunch. Sticking with it until something else awesome comes out, or maybe this one can just get better. ^_^

3) Pros / Cons?
    - PROS - Fast, reliable, nearly no errors, at all. Trust-worthy name in the ROM society. Removes unwanted Apps and bettery life seems pretty fair. Can only get better.
    - CONS - Seem to be having trouble changing wallpapers. (getting FC?)

Advertisement
  2. Jaybot

Jaybot Well-Known Member

This will be a great thread to read. I am currently decieding if I want to do the DamageControl rom, or the Fresh rom.

The only dealbreaker for me is that DC has an auto updater, and I know that the Fresh one doesnt, but if I have Rom Manager on my phone, will it update that way?

3. swazedahustla

swazedahustla Well-Known Member

1. Running Bugless Beast V0.3

2.Heard about these ROMs on other phones and most had good things to say about it, so i gave it a try and it looks like a keeper. Faster, More RAM and Better battery are some of the benefits I have received so far.

3. PRO-Faster, more ram, lots of customizations coming in the future.
    CON- My push gmail is acting wierd, but the gmail widget works fine *shrug* other than that its great.

4. pwabbit

pwabbit Well-Known Member

I am using Fresh 0.2. I trusted his roms on my Hero, so it is a natural progression. When he is informed of bugs, he gets right on it. He is very responsive. Nothing but props for Fresh ROM's.

5. TheBiles

TheBiles Well-Known Member

Fresh .2. Just unlocked NAND too. :D

-------------
    Sent from my HTC EVO 4G using Tapatalk Pro.

6. myersn024

myersn024 Well-Known Member

I'm running the rooted version of the stock rom, and I've removed all the Sprint junk-ware as well. I also just did the nand unlock.

7. adseguy

adseguy Well-Known Member

I bet you ran the Bloatware removal right? Mine did the same thing with the bloatware zip installed. Remove them manually.

I'm runing bugless .3 as well. I ran OMJ's ROM for a while. Not much difference really. Wireless tether is always nice though. We have to give it another month before really good ROM's start popping up

8. stroths

stroths Well-Known Member

I am running my own custom ROM I built with the Android Kitchen. I rooted it, added the wi-fi tether and made most of the Sprint apps uninstallable. Plus I added a custom hosts file to block most ads.

I don't really consider myself a chef, but this was easy enough for me. I will likely use someone else's ROM when something much more interesting comes out. Most of the fullly functional ROMs out there aren't too far from stock IMO. I know that will change though. I am would like a Froyo base with the overclock kernel, but will wait until the ROM is fully functional (camera, rotate, etc).

My NAND is also unlocked now too.

9. donclarkjr

donclarkjr Member

Im running BB at the moment I really liked the Fresh rom also but I has to have voice services for google navigator since I run around town all day. Its a pain to have to type in the addresses each time lol I just upgraded from the iphone that I had to do that and I feel like its a downgrade not to have it.

10. mrk

mrk Well-Known Member

You can always push it back--it's included with the ROM, just not installed.

11. Jaybot

Jaybot Well-Known Member

I rooted mine and used the Fresh rom.

It feels a lot snappier, and I've noticed an improvement in battery life. The only issue is that I don't have voice-to-text anymore, is that disabled with the Fresh rom?

12. mrk

mrk Well-Known Member

It is disabled. You can re-enable it w/ adb, though. (And probably without it.)

13. mangosinslo

mangosinslo Well-Known Member

Just put fresh on, and I must say, my phone is running noticeably faster. I'm gonna try to get back about the battery life in the morning, once I get a good night's slumber

Sent from my PC36100 using Tapatalk

14. Zardos

Zardos Well-Known Member

EVO-NonSense.

Because Sense needs to die a terrible horrible painful agonizing death.

I was enjoying fresh until the I noticed it had no flash.

15. richtj99

richtj99 Active Member

How do you get the voice app back?

16. mrk

mrk Well-Known Member

adb push path/to/voice search/file /system/app

It you don't know how to do that, and nobody else has helped in about six hours (when I get out of class), I can help you further.

17. mrk

mrk Well-Known Member

Edit: Double posted; please delete.