1. 2015 is going to be a great year for Android! Why wait??
    Samsung Galaxy Note 5 | Samsung Galaxy S6 | HTC One M9
  2. New Forum Created: Samsung Gear VR!

Which Rom / Mod do you have on your phone..?

1. BlackTigress

BlackTigress Well-Known Member

Well when it comes to my phone (motorola droid a855), I decided to switch from the 4.1 rom I had to the 2.3.7 Steel Droid one (mainly because the 4.1 doesn't have the move to sd card feature), and man..That is probably the Best rom I've ever used so far. My phone is pretty much Perfect because of it...I absolutely Love it..

So, which rom / mod do you have on your phone? Which do you think is the best rom out there?

Advertisement
    :
  2. Rukbat

Rukbat Well-Known Member

Note 3 Safestrapped, so I can keep 5 ROMs in it at a time. I'm running X-Note at the time. Pretty fast and pretty good on the battery.
  3. Hadron

Hadron Well-Known Member Contributor

Since ROMs are device-specific I'm not sure where this will go.

Sure there are some which have been built for multiple devices, but they are a minority. For example, right now I'm running ViperOne 5.8.0, which isn't available for any other device; there are Venom ROMs for different HTCs, but they aren't all identical. And most ROMs are single device only, e.g. I suspect that Steel Droid is one of those.
  4. davoid

davoid Well-Known Member

Is ViperOne a Sense derivative or an AOSP ROM? It sounds like the former, based on stock (and you said it's only available for your device). Does it remove some bloat?

I'm running a Cyanogenmod 11 derivative on my S3 (Temasek's Unofficial CM11). Having kitkat on my 2yo phone makes it much faster - especially using ART instead of dalvik runtime.
  5. Davdi

Davdi Well-Known Member Contributor

AOKP 4.2.2 on one of my Wildfire S phones, CM10.1 on the other. CM is better for battery life, AOKP a touch faster. both very stable. I've previously had WildChild3.3 Sense-less stock based and OWL project RC3 (fast, good battery life but still not stable enough for a daily driver). And my UK Xperia U has the German 3 stock ICS ROM,
  6. El Presidente

El Presidente Beware The Milky Pirate! Moderator

Running a 4.3 based AOKP ROM on my Nexus 7.

I'm running a stock based 4.3 ROM on my Z1.

KitKat upgrades are available for both, but for one reason or another, upgrading either isn't overly straightforward and I simply don't have the time to mess about when both are running perfectly.
  7. funkylogik

funkylogik share the love peeps ;) VIP Member

Most of the kitkat rom teams are doin pretty well now.
    The ones that are for multiple devices that id recommend are Carbon, Ground Zero, Liquid Smooth, Slim
    Im running ground zero on my old Nexus 7 and Carbon on on my gs3. Both are insanely fast and brimming with features.
    Its took a while for the kitkat roms to get features. I think they were basically starting from scratch. Hopefully 4.4.3 (or whatever) will go a bit more smoothly :)
  8. funkylogik

Bit off topic but can anyone with an HTC tell me if this is how their stock Recents is layed out?
    uploadfromtaptalk1396953827798.jpg
    This is Ground Zero's "sense recents".
    Looks pretty sexy I think. It scrolls horizontally and swipe away vertically. Also you can long press one to get a split-screen type thing
  9. Hadron

It's Sense, with optimisations and a lot of extra configurations and tweaks. The installer allows you to remove stuff you don't want, though any semi-experienced rooter can do that themselves.

Sense 5 is IMO cleaner than earlier versions, and the M7 can handle it easily, so after 3 years of AOSP I'm using Sense at the moment (not the launcher though). Will probably try AOSP on it at some point, but not feeling the need at the moment.
    davoid likes this.
  10. Shocky

Shocky Well-Known Member

Galaxy S4

Goldeneye lite, XXUFNC9 (4.4.2) (Knox Free)

KT Kernel, CPU - 1782, GPU - 502, Interactive

Essential root apps, Adaway, Foldermount, Titanium backup, Xposed installer + Nova Launcher.

Nexus 7 2013

Stock (4.4.2) - Rooted, Franco Kernel

Essential root apps, Adaway, Franco kernel updater, Titanium backup, Xposed installer + Nova Launcher.
  11. Hadron

Not how it is in Sense 5.5: that uses a grid of 9 tiles.

My ROM allows you to change that to the AOSP version (the scrolling list) if you prefer, but I personally find the grid more efficient as I don't have to scroll (I think the AOSP one allows a longer list, but I find the convenience of not having to scroll outweighs this for me).
    funkylogik likes this.
  12. funkylogik

Oh yeah i saw the new sense recents in a vid yesterday. Looks really efficient :thumbup: