Last Updated:

1. sloheim

sloheim Well-Known Member This Topic's Starter

OK, so I am ready to root my Epic.

Which ROM should I use?

Here are the main things I would like to accomplish:
    - Wireless tethering
    - Better battery life
    - Ability to delete unwanted apps (I am fine with all of the standard Sprint apps included, as long as I can uninstall them)

I'm guessing all ROMs can probably do this, but I'm having a hard time navigating all of the technobabble on xda-developers to figure out the differences between the ROMs.

Is there any ROM that is generally considered "the best" or "most stable"?

Any help here would be appreciated. Thanks.

Advertisement
  2. sloheim

Since nobody wanted to offer any insight into any good/bad experiences, I just went with one at random. I went with the Epic Experience. The developer said that he uses this rom on his personal use phone on a daily basis and is constantly releasing updates to it. Seems rock solid so far, and gets fantastic reviews..

3. rsbenedict

rsbenedict Well-Known Member

I use the same one and he does update frequently and it's quite solid.

4. ragnarokx

ragnarokx Well-Known Member

When you're ready for a new ROM try Baked Snack (bakedsnackshack.com). The developer makes his own custom kernel and it works very well with the ROM. Fastest with best battery life I've ever run.

5. hoopdy77

hoopdy77 Member

This is a total noob question, but once you download the ROM zip file and put it on your phone, how do you select the zip once file once you've booted into recovery mood?

Edit: After researching a little more, it looks like I have root access but I'm not able to boot into clockwork recovery. It's weird since I'm using several programs that do require root access. When I boot into recovery I only have the choice to choose update.zip and don't have the option to select the zip file with the ROM I want to use. Anybody have any suggestions?

6. sloheim

There is another option to choose your own file to load... I forget what its called... not very obvious. Look thru the menu options closer and you will find it.

7. sniperkill

sniperkill New Member

You have to have clockworkmod installed in order to choose the correct .zip you want to install.. there is a "All-In-One" method on the SDX forum that you can use to get you clockworkmod, and it's very easy to install... Epic 4G All in One Root and Recovery 1.13 for Windows, Intel Mac, and Linux

hoopdy77 likes this.
  8. hoopdy77

hoopdy77 Member

I'll try this method and see if it works. Thanks sniperkill!

9. hoopdy77

hoopdy77 Member