Which ROM to use?

Last Updated:

1. wcortesi

wcortesi Member This Topic's Starter

Hi all, I'm new here but I've done a bunch of reading!
    Got a Behold 2 last week for $100 and decided the best thing to do was to modify it because the stock interface does bite.
    So far, I've tried BH Man's stock 1.6 with no Twiz and now I'm on Bearsfan85 Take 5 with ADW laucher, etc.
    I'm having some issues with the latest one, but I like the design.
    BH Mans was very nice also, but I had some issues there too.
    Mostly, I'm not seeing much improvement in speed or battery life with either.
    Is the one I have the latest and greatest (I know the 2.1 may never happen), or should I go back to one of BH Mans other ROM's? It seems he's done the most work on this thing.
    Will I have issues if I keep changing ROM's? Like I said, I've done a lot of reading, but there is SO much to try to digest for someone who doesn't work with code much.
    Like never. I drive a truck for a living. But I'm pretty capable of learning!

Advertisement
  2. Oreojacks

Oreojacks Member

Maybe you should stick with the rom for a bit. The Bearsfan85 rom is the newest, but BHMan's Take5 has apps2sd. If you just got the Behold 2 I think the battery improves after you use it for a while

3. wcortesi

Thanks for the reply. I'm dealing with the one I have, but I do get occasional errors. FC's on some apps, and I've had it reboot on me a couple times. I did a hard reset, but it didn't help.
    Maybe it will get better with time.
    Not a lot of activity here, is there?

4. Oreojacks

Oreojacks Member

People sort of moved on from this phone... Well with the fc's you can try clear the dalvik cache it probably helps.

adb shell
    cd /data/dalvik-cache
    rm -r *
    reboot

5. wcortesi

Thanks, I tried that once but it didn't seem to work. I'll try it again. I also downloaded ROM Manager and fixed permissions.
    Another thing; it seems to take a long time to boot up. Like a full minute or so. Is this normal?

6. sisquoc15

sisquoc15 Member

Hi,

I'm still suffering with this phone. Here's what I did to make it less painful.

Bearsfan85 ROM.
    Clear dalvik and fix permissions.
    Reboot after charging.
    Juice Defender App default settings (Messing with the CPU speed caused lots of FCs).

This makes my BHII work well 9 days out of 10.

When I do get FCs, it seems to be from app incompatibilities. If I uninstall anything new I installed in the days before the new FCs, clear dalvik, and fix permissions, it always gets better and the FCs stop.

Boot time is long.

7. wcortesi

I have nothing to compare it to, so I'm fine with this phone compared to the standard flip phone I had before!
    I'm just not getting the dalvik=cache thing, though. I've typed the commands exactly as shown in adb, and it keeps saying "not found"?

8. Oreojacks

Oreojacks Member

You type it exactly as it says. The spaces are important.

9. Laron225

Laron225 Active Member

I just flashed this and lost my instant messaging app, how do I get this back?

10. j0hnh0lmes

j0hnh0lmes Well-Known Member

I would recommend downloading one. There are much better ones in the market.