Which ROM

Last Updated:

1. Tmose04

Tmose04 Well-Known Member This Topic's Starter

I've been running rubix ever since i got the droid x and just got the update but im getting horrible battery life. Dont know if its the ROM or something im doing. So im gonna test out another rom, any suggestions? Im looking to get good battery life and thats about it. Looking for a blurless rom so my decision is between Apex and fission.

Advertisement
  2. cygnusloop

cygnusloop Well-Known Member

I think you will find Fission similar to rubiX. Personally, I'm an ApeX fan. It has a little more blur than rubiX, but it's the things I like (such as camera and gallery). Throw on NexTheme or REVOlution theme, and it's cooler than the other side of the pillow.

Tmose04 likes this.
  3. Tmose04

haha well how is ur battery life? i was leaning towards apex for the themeing anyway.

4. cygnusloop

Battery life if very difficult to compare without a common point of reference, but I think mine is pretty darn good. It's much better than it was stock. On a day where I use the phone a lot (to me), I'll still have 40-50% left when I get home from work at ~6pm. On a day where it sits in my pocket most of the day except for a few short calls and a few texts, and maybe 15-30 minutes of games/browsing, etc... It will have 70-80% when I get home. If I sit and play Angry Birds for 3+ hours straight, it will just about be dead. ;)

BTW, I am OC'd with Jrummy's app at ULV 1.3.

5. Tmose04

k im installing apex v1. Is this the latest version?

6. Steven58

Steven58 Reformed PH VIP Member

I've tried them all and prefer ApeX. It is the latest version, but Fabolous said he's writing a new update as we speak. I was expecting to see it today. Not happening though. Maybe tomorrow. Let me know if I can be of any further assistance. :)

Edit: Bazinga or whatever the heck you call it is indeed in rom mgr. I just never check out his section after I tried his rc... didn't like it.

Tmose04 likes this.
  7. Tmose04

how do i install the round battery? just install from sd like everything else? With rubix i used metamorph

8. Steven58

Tmose04 likes this.
  9. Tmose04

Yea i just themed it with revolution. This ROM seems kinda slow. is this normal? And i cant change the auto rotate!

10. cygnusloop

Yeah, with bootstrap, like everything else. Re: the new version of apex, I'd run the current. (1.0)version for a bit, and see how you like it. The new version will require the update to 2.1.1 (according to a recent post from Fab).
    P.S. only use themes/mods designed for apex's framework!!

11. Lacyanne64

Lacyanne64 Well-Known Member

I really enjoy apeX....glad to hear Fabolous is releasing an update. I have very little problems with apeX. For me it runs better than rubix.

12. Justintoxicated

Justintoxicated Well-Known Member

I prefer fission so far, but apex is good too, my phone just had some slowdowns with apex and I had to remove the default Overclock. Fission still has the DX camera too, the packages comes in the add-ins folder, so you can add back some blur love if you want it.

There are several themes for Fission now including Revolution and NexTheme.

13. Steven58

HUH. This ROM is anything but slow. I'm wondering what that might be. Did you wipe data and cache before installing? This thing flies like a little birdie flying south for the winter, escaping the chilly north wind of the cruel Northeast.

The prose is free. :)

14. cygnusloop

Well you get what you pay for... :eek:
    ;)

Agreed. In my experience, ApeX is anything but slow. The speed upgrade over stock was immediately apparent to me. True with the included TranQ launcher, or my preferred LPP. Hmm...

15. Tmose04

Well I previously used rubix1.8.9 and rubix seemed waaay faster than this. I wiped cache and data before installing. Maybe i need to reflash it. Main thing that bothers me is the auto rotate cant be turned off bc i cant find the tranQ settings.

16. Steven58

droidfan1 likes this.
  17. sund0wn

sund0wn Well-Known Member

18. Steven58

19. Coolguy71261

Coolguy71261 Well-Known Member

I've tried kaos froyo on my eris and rubix on my x and I love rubix updated to 1.8.6 and get good battery, I like to play with my x a lot during the day

20. javroch

javroch Well-Known Member

I have a feeling that you'd like Fission much better than ApeX. RubiX Focused was / may still be based off of Fission. Definitely was, maybe still is. And, it's blazing fast. I get really good battery life as well. I just got home from a full day of work and it's still at 80% remaining. Any Blur that you'd want to install back (namely camera / dx keyboard / gallery) are installable from your sdcard after installing the ROM. They'll show up as update.zip style installers in /sdcard/Fission/Add_On. There are also plenty of themes, etc available these days and it's pretty easy to overclock if that's your thing as well. I think it's the closest thing you can get to Stock Android at the current moment by far.

</rant>

Tmose04 likes this.