Which root app is the best for maximising the performance?General

1. rahuldude09

rahuldude09 New Member

I have bought one Galaxy S4 and have rooted it too. Now i want to totally play around with it. Like overclocking, installing ROMs, increasing performance, etc. I stumbled upon this article which features the 20 best root apps for a rooted android: techxcyt.com/2013/09/top-20-root-applications-for-your.html .As am a novice, please advise me which app should I install from the above website that would suit my purpose and if it is safe or not.

Advertisement
  2. Darnell0216

Darnell0216 Well-Known Member

1) Root your device after all updates are installed.
    2) Install custom recovery. (CWM or TWRP)
    3) >>>>> MAKE A FULL BACKUP <<<<<
    4) Go to the root section here or XDA, look up your specific S4 model and have a ball with custom ROMs (looks/performance) and kernels (needed for overclock).
  3. CrimsonPride

CrimsonPride Well-Known Member

A few good root apps that I recommend are Greenify, it really helps with apps like facebook to keep them from leeching battery life. Titanium backup is pretty much a must if youre going to be using ROMs. Rom Toolbox is nice, has several tools which you may need. If you install a ROM, many contain overclocking utilities so paying for one isnt really necessary. ROMs are the only thing that will affect performance though, no apps are going to make much of a difference other than the overclocking ones, but i dont think its necessary
  4. ron316

ron316 VIP Member VIP Member

twrp i find easy to use just started at rooting overclocking it makes it faster overclocking rom are available on xda it was fairly easy first rule back up back up save you alot of stress
  5. Nick33

Nick33 Well-Known Member

Lucky bastard ;) i have verizon so i cant do roms, but these guys seem correct. Any app that u find to try and do what you're after is sorta pointless. You can try setcpu in the play store, but im not even sure if that allows u to overclock over 1.9 anyway.
    Also, with a lot, if not all, of those apps require a custom kernel... So u might as well just grab a rom u like. Good luck :)