which root to use??

Last Updated:

1. xxxk15

xxxk15 Member This Topic's Starter

i found some ways to root my phone but which one do i use?? There is one where i go into the command propt and type in stuff then there is one i just put things onto the root of my sd card. Which one do i use?? Which one is better??

THanks for anyone who trys to help

Advertisement
  2. mysticmead

mysticmead Well-Known Member

xxxk15 likes this.
  3. ccapasso

ccapasso Well-Known Member

xxxk15 likes this.
  4. xxxk15

xxxk15 Member This Topic's Starter

yeah i am just new to this and am trying to find an easier way. I am afraid if i do it manually i will brick the phone.

5. ccapasso

ccapasso Well-Known Member

You can try the auto way if it makes you feel more secure. However, doing it manually will not break your phone. Just remember to read carefully, take your time, read and re-read again and again. Watch the videos, read again, etc. Copy and paste the commands, make sure everything works as indicated, one step at a time.

xxxk15 likes this.
  6. tatonka_Hero

tatonka_Hero Well-Known Member

+1

In fact, I still (and probably always will) advocate rooting manually. It gives you a little knowledge of the coding, so should something go wrong in the future, you'll have at least a general idea of how to fix it.

Not to mention it seems the majority of the people that come on here with problems after rooting have used the auto-rooter

xxxk15 likes this.
  7. LWNda3rd

LWNda3rd Active Member

The guide helped me when I rooted the phone...I too was skeptical, but the guide knows all...The fun part is finding a Rom that you like...just remember to make a nandroid backup before reflashing roms...

xxxk15 likes this.