which routers work well with virginmedia?

Last Updated:

1. diw

diw Member This Topic's Starter

Hiya all, having just spent a cuople of days, using a hotels wifi system without a problem on my hero, i've decided to bite the bullet and buy myself a new router... i'm currently running a linkseys wrt54gr, which works some of the time, then drops wifi a lot of the time.. grrrrrrrr.... the annoying thing is it works perfectly with everything that is wifi including laptop, itouch and internet radio!!!!!.. i spoke online to a lnksey guy who tried to help me change my routers settings, but with little success. he did say it was running with the latest software...
    SO PLEASE, WHAT CAN I BUY THAT WORKS, ANY SUGGESTIONS???!!!!!!
    p.s very disapointed with htc beacause of this..they should never of left the factory with these issues imo...

Advertisement
  2. pitcha44

pitcha44 Member

ring virgin and buy there netgear 1 i did and works a lot better than the belkin 1 i had that kept dropping wifi. i have no probs with any of my wifi products now that im using this.

3. Sub101

Sub101 Member

Im on Virginmedia and I use a Belkin F5D8233-4v3(01) with firmware 3.01.29.

Have no problems what so ever.

4. mjcook1984

mjcook1984 Active Member

Don't buy the netgear router from virgin I got one with my 50mb line and my hero suffers the same problem

5. diw

diw Member This Topic's Starter

This just dosn't make sense!!! pitcha44 says his netgear works ok.... But mjcook1984 says his dosn't??? Also sub 101's router is a N type router, i thought these had dropoff issues with the hero???? iIm even more confused now.... More help please, guys!!!!!!!