Which rubber or silicone caseAccessories

Last Updated:

1. brownchristian

brownchristian Member This Topic's Starter

Which case do you recommend? I want one that will still fit inside my Verizon leather belt holster. Rocketfish looks to be a good one. Verizon one looks decent but dont like that it covers the front buttons. Any thoughts?

Advertisement
  2. BuTbKa

BuTbKa Well-Known Member

I really like Verizon high gloss silicone case. Looks good, protects good and does feet in Verizon pouch.

3. JB426

JB426 Member

I really like the Verizon high gloss silicone case as well. Fits the phone perfectly and only covers the volume buttons and the camera button.

4. vr4

vr4 Well-Known Member

have the verizon case. like how it fits and its protection just wish it was a little softer/grippier.

5. vtroid5

vtroid5 Well-Known Member

+1 for Verizon high gloss

6. Syco54645

Syco54645 Active Member

7. sharshar

sharshar Active Member

8. in2uition

in2uition Well-Known Member

9. JB426

JB426 Member

The Epik cases are nice as well. I had one for the blackberry before. Same material as the Verizon high gloss. I just didn't want to wait for it so I got mine at the Verizon store.

10. twister6

twister6 Guides Guide

That Epik case looks just like Amzer or Luxmo TPU argyle smoke clear cases. So, does it mean it will fit OK into Verizon leather case?

11. mxsjw

mxsjw Well-Known Member

12. vtroid5

vtroid5 Well-Known Member

13. mxsjw

mxsjw Well-Known Member

So, decided to return it...I don't think it fits right at all.:confused:

Now how's this for irony? Print out my return label and crap, remove the cover from the phone, box up the crappy cover and as I'm walking back from our shipping dept. with my box, I'm checking the woot off on my X and it decides to jump outta my hand and fall 4 ft to the concrete floor...****!:mad: Battery door flew off, but all I got was one tiny scuff on the corner and a couple scratches on the screen protector...phew! Glad it didn't do any damage but what are the chances of that happening right after I take off the damn cover? First time I've dropped it.:eek:

14. 2horses

2horses Well-Known Member

What were you doing?

15. mxsjw

mxsjw Well-Known Member

16. 2horses

2horses Well-Known Member

AH, Woot! I thought you misspelled root or something. My bf loves woot and I have several t-shirts from there to prove it! LOL!!

Okay, carry on. Sucks that you dropped your phone but glad it survived. Mine took a flying leap off the arm of my chair last night and hit the wall behind me. Not sure how it animated itself like that, but it did! Silicon case and Zagg shield saved the day, though.

17. mob87

mob87 Well-Known Member

Is the high gloss case designed to fit with the extended battery?

18. itsnotashley

itsnotashley Well-Known Member

Huh? I tend to be clumsy so I'm a little worried lol

Still, I was looking for a case that most people would agree is the "best" (like the general agreement about SPG Ultra Crystal) but it looks there isn't one at the moment so I'm just going to go with the Verizon high gloss until something cute comes along :)

Thanks for all input!

19. JubbaTheHutt

JubbaTheHutt Well-Known Member

Woah! When did Epik start putting out cases?

Edit: These look IDENTICAL to Verizon's silicone offering...thankfully they are about half the price.

Also, for the record, I've purchased epik cases from this distributor in the past for my old Blackberry Storm and have never had a problem (assuming you don't want to hassle with an order from Hong Kong): http://www.degasis.net/models/droidx.html

20. lorick

lorick Active Member

Yes, fits fine with the extended battery and door. Love the High Gloss case from Verizon.

21. itsnotashley

I saw the Epik cases but..

1) the Hong Kong thing did make me a bit wary
    2) I want a case right now, not in 4+ days

22. in2uition

in2uition Well-Known Member

I've bought the Epik case before for my Blackberry and there is nothing to be wary about because its coming from Hong Kong.

If you want a case now, you can check out Best Buy or Verizon store. However if you want cheap and not wait too long, there are tons of cases off eBay...just make sure it's shipping from within the U.S. I've bought two cases for my Droid X off ebay and I've gotten them in less than 3 business days.

23. itsnotashley

I just found out I might actually not be able to get to the Verizon store this week so I'm thinking if I can't find the time tomorrow, I'll just buy an Epic. I'm getting some Ebay stuff anyway so I guess it works out.

Thanks In2uitiv and Jubba!

24. ackoolness

ackoolness Well-Known Member

verizon may be good but its a complete rip off.

i bought a silicon case on ebay Black Case+Charger+LCD Cover for Motorola Droid X MB810 - eBay (item 160460457760 end time Aug-24-10 09:55:13 PDT) for $11.95 on release day (price has gone up) and it was the best investment ever.

the silicone case is nice and tough. its flexible enough so that there is no issues taking it off to clean off my droidy but its tough as hell. its not all that thin but its not making the droid look buldgy at all.

the screen protector is great and clear. my bududy bought a protector for his iphone4 at att and it looks like the protector has ridges. NO THANK YOU! i have a nice screen to view a nice picture. i dont need a protector with ridges.

the car charger works great.

needless to say, i win.

25. Order No.925

Order No.925 Active Member

I purchased this one for my DX as well but didnt think about how much thicker it would make the phone. What are your opinions on it? Take into consideration that I WILL be keeping the phone in my pocket. Too thick or do u think I will be okay?