• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Which Running App?

purple667

Lurker
Dec 29, 2011
Hi everyone,

Hope some of you might be able to help me with selecting a new Running App. I currently use Cardio Trainer on my Samsung Galaxy S2 (The free one) and do really like it.

The things I like and use are:

Integrated music player (The music lowers it's volume for the voice feedback)
Distance covered (Voice Feedback)
Estimated time to finish (Voice Feedback)
Distance goal

The things in addition I would like are:

Current pace (Voice Feedback)
Combined distance & time goal (Voice feedback)

I know this might be a lot to ask. I know that there are a lot of apps and that some offer different things to others, but I would like one that offers all.

I don't mind paying for an app as long as it offers all of the above.

Please help.

Lots of thanks

David

You should try Runkeeper.

https://market.android.com/details?...mNvbS5maXRuZXNza2VlcGVyLnJ1bmtlZXBlci5wcm8iXQ..

The audio cues give you feedback on so many items like time and distance - you can set it to give you distance cues on mile/km distances (every 0.25, 0.5, 0.75, or 1 mile) and time triggers (every 1, 2, 3, 4, and 5 minutes), average pace/speed, current pace/speed, average/current heart rate, etc. Me and a number of my friends have been using it regularly for a while now and the multiple audio cue types have been one of the main reasons we like using it. It also has the ability to track your runs on a map, social media interaction, and real-time live race tracking!

Note: For resolving GPS issues, use GPS Status and Toolbox:

https://market.android.com/details?...wsMSwxLDEsImNvbS5lY2xpcHNpbS5ncHNzdGF0dXMyIl0.

GPS Status allows you to reset the GPS cache and download aGPS data (menu->Tools->Manage aGPS Data, select 'Reset' and then repeat the steps and select "Download') to help your GPS get almanac data on the satellites.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones