Which screen protector? Zagg,Phantom Skinz, Steinheil?Accessories

Last Updated:

1. Reddog80p

Reddog80p Well-Known Member This Topic's Starter

I put a Zagg Invisible shield on but did not like the super glossy orange peel look so I removed it. I checked out the steinheils website and some youtube vids and they look really nice. Is the only difference between the steinheil crystal and the anti-fingerprint the finish? I'm not too sure I'd like the matte finish as I would think it would slightly dull the brightness of the display. I've also seen the Phantom skinz and the orange peel effect seems to be a bit better than on the Zagg. Anyone with experience using both Zagg and Phantom SKinz products how do they compare? Does either of the two have a definitive advantage over the other in terms of appearance and feel of the coating while sliding your finger over it. Any comments/opinions would be appreciated. Thanks!

Advertisement
  2. bucwylde23

bucwylde23 Well-Known Member

There quite a few threads on this already which address your questions. i would recommend taking a look at those.

go to the top of the forum under "tips and tricks", there is a thread already going.

Reddog80p likes this.
  3. WizeGuyDezignz

WizeGuyDezignz Well-Known Member

Wrapsol.

4. Hand76

Hand76 Guest

I just got the Invisible Shield put on today at Best Buy for $8. Best $8 I have ever spent.

Guy took like 5-10 minutes and it looks like it came out GREAT!

As far as the orange peel look, I only see it in the upper right hand corner (off and above the screen) but even if it was over the screen, when the phone is on you are not going to notice it.

5. cuban11182

cuban11182 Well-Known Member

I don't have much experience, but have read alot about it. I had the Invisible Shield on for about 2 seconds, then ripped it off, and threw it away. From what I've read the Steinheil is the best, although not out yet. I'll be waiting for it, patiently.

6. duguyisheng

duguyisheng New Member

Steinheil has one for the Nexus ONe. I have never seen a nexus but aren't the screens for that and the Incredible identical????

7. FierceDeityLink1

FierceDeityLink1 Well-Known Member

PhantomSkinz. Though I might try Stealth Guard or Wrapsol sometime. They really need to be less expensive for me to try them, though.

Also, if you don't give them time to set or can't apply a screen protector properly, then don't come whining back to us at how bad it looks.

8. fortesquieu

fortesquieu Well-Known Member

If you hate orange peel, go get Bodyguardz. I had it for my old phone, getting one for Incredible.

9. rahrah2

rahrah2 New Member

I just put on the phantom skinz and I love it. I have had the zagg before and thought it was too hazy and thick. Ps is smooth and u can't even tell its on.

10. xkse

xkse Active Member

Lol

I've used the Steinheil ones since May but the last 2 I have put on have not gone completely down by the speaker. I ordered 2 from Monoprice.com. WICKED cheap (less than 2$ each) and they are as good or better than the Steinheil ones. I recommend trying the ones from Monoprice

11. bowerman

bowerman Guest

I love the $1 ones from monoprice.com. Good protection, and they feel and look like there is nothing on there at all.

12. iploya

iploya Well-Known Member

The best option is no screen protector. It's not necessary. It might make you feel better with a new phone, but I've been using mine for months with only a standard level of care, and I don't have any scratches. Maybe if you live on/near a beach.

13. drdoom

drdoom Well-Known Member

Correction, it isn't necessary for you. My phone has been to hell and back and my screen protector and case have taken the brunt of it (I don't live near a beach either). These screens are scratch resistant, but they aren't scratch proof.I know everyone hates them, but I've been using a Zagg since the incredible launch date, and it has been working well for me.