Which screen protectors is everyone useing!?Accessories

Last Updated:

1. Mathieas

Mathieas Active Member This Topic's Starter

Just wondering which screen protectors work the best? Cost is not and issue thanks a bunch!

Advertisement
  2. Surfer

Surfer Well-Known Member

Deleted

3. NOSintake

NOSintake Well-Known Member

I'm using PhantomSkinz and I love it so far

4. biocalves

biocalves Member

I am using Phantom Skinz Matte full body kit. I put it on last night and am hoping it is still "curing" as the screen looks extremely grainy. I had used Power Support's anti-glare on my iPhone 3g a couple years back and hoped it would turn out the same but so far its not up to par. If it doesn't get any better in the next couple of days I'll go buy the anti-glare for the iPad and make a cutout for the screen myself.

5. thindery

thindery Well-Known Member

I'm using a modified iphone matte screen protector. I cut off the area right above the clickwheel and put it on the captivate. It is just enough to cover the actual screen, but not the 4 buttons at the bottom. It does have the little earpiece slot cut out, but it doesn't bother me cause it was a free protector! yay!

6. SuperAkuma

SuperAkuma Well-Known Member

I did the same thing because I couldn't find any in stock, but I didn't cut off anything.

7. sremick

sremick Well-Known Member

I'm using the AT&T ones that are $10 for 3. Just be sure to not warp the corner when peeling off the tab, otherwise it won't lie flat. Otherwise I'm happy with it. I've heard they're the best and I don't doubt it.

8. Mathieas

Mathieas Active Member This Topic's Starter

I worry about using water to install these things.... does the phatomskins and gadget guard really require water to install correctly??

9. rrrrramos

rrrrramos Well-Known Member

I'm using the one you can buy at AT&T in the 3 for $10 pack. Custom cut for the phone, easy to install (peel & stick, no solution needed) and no effect on the touch.

10. netmorin

netmorin New Member

I'm using the Gadget Guard and it requires water. It is most like applying a decal. Best to spray water on the guard and phone, and wet fingers (or use very clean rubber gloves!) and apply carefully. It doesn't really allow you to slid it around when putting it on. You have to peel it off and try again if you can't get it aligned correctly. Do that enough times and it will never look good. Also, it has to cure for 24 hours. It will look its best after that time. Anyway, once on, toss the phone in your pocket with your keys and forget it.

If you mess up the installation, they'll give you another one.

Also looks worst when the screen is off. After you turn it on, it disappears. It doesn't help outside in sunlight, but this is the best phone on the market in sunlight.

Also, get it cheep on ebay. Comes with a car charger too!

I'll bet its not for everyone, but it is damn good protection for the screen.

11. ZDroid1

ZDroid1 Well-Known Member

I wasted money on a couple that just didn't work. The ones I got from the at&t store are superior to everything else I tried, and surprisingly cheaper.

12. TDQuiksilver

TDQuiksilver Well-Known Member

No they do not "require" water - but they recommend it. I always install my PhantomSkinz without water. Never had a problem.

13. MeVirtually

MeVirtually Active Member

I'm thinking of trying the matte phantom skinz for the body, not the screen, but I'd like to see a picture of what the matte looks like on the phone. Anyone out there with matte body protectors want to share some pictures of the back/sides?

14. RavenFox

RavenFox VIP Member VIP Member

This

15. myach

myach Member

I'm using a full body invisibleshield

16. Ferris23

Ferris23 Well-Known Member

The ones from AT&T are excellent. I have never installed such an easy screen protector in my life. They fit perfect and went down amazinly well with no bubbles. Feel just like the screen and don't effect image quality at all.

10 bucks for 3, can't beat that.

17. Endoran

Endoran Well-Known Member

I've heard nothing but positive remarks in this thread and others regarding the gadget guard for the captivate. I bought mine at the AT&T store and they applied it for me. The first guy actually put it on perfectly and I was completely happy with it for quite a while.

It is important to note that the naked screen feels a lot different though. The gadget guard feel is still nice but in a different way. The naked screen can become tacky more easily but when it's NOT it feels like you're gliding on butter, the gadget guard screen felt the same no matter what for me.

Anyway I noticed after a week that I could see little adhesive (or something) specks under the protector. ONLY visible when looking at it in direct sunlight (and to a much lesser extent glare in general). Once I saw it in sunlight I started noticing it everywhere. I took it back into AT&T and they put on another one. The guy did a horrible job and I immediately went to another store to have them put on yet another. The third guy did a decent job. 2 days later the same adhesive specks appeared in the same random pattern. I returned and got a full refund.

So in my opinion the gadget guards are no good. Maybe it was just my experience but it did happen on two separate screens and both were allowed to cure. If you do decide to get it from AT&T I recommend putting it on yourself.

My screens naked now. Unless I learn that the captivate is the lame duck Galaxy S, and doesn't have Gorilla Glass, my phone's screen will stay naked.

18. samven582

samven582 Well-Known Member

19. rlb4

rlb4 Well-Known Member

20. sapv

sapv Well-Known Member

I used zagg full body protector for a couple of weeks..i removed the whole thing off the phone yesterday..it had the infamous orange peel effect on the screen and also i cld see it is peeling off from the body of the phone..it kinda started to look ugly..i got rid off it yesterday after reading about the gorilla glass thingy

21. RedRyno

RedRyno Well-Known Member

I zagg...

22. Ferris23

Ferris23 Well-Known Member

Zagg and other shields are ok for the body, but for the screen IMO they are terrible. Just too rubbery and the orange peel looks like crap.

Seriously, you guys should try the 9.99 AT&T shields, they go on SO freaking easy and look fantastic.

23. Mancha67

Mancha67 Member

at&t protectors here! I also found them very easy to install and feel pretty much like the naked display. Print magnet, but easy to clean.

24. St_G

St_G Active Member

25. BigCiX

BigCiX Well-Known Member

My full body skin from best skins ever just shipped today. A soon as I get it I'll apply and take pictures.