1. 2015 is going to be a great year for Android! Why wait??
    Samsung Galaxy Note 5 | Samsung Galaxy S6 | HTC One M9
  2. New Forum Created: Samsung Gear VR!

Which song do you want played at your funeral?

1. irishjoeyo

irishjoeyo Well-Known Member

I don't mean to sound morbid, but we're all gonna die someday, right? So, if there was ONE song, just one, that could be played at your funeral, what would it be? Any song, any artist/composer, any genre.

For me, it's "If I ever leave this world alive" by Flogging Molly. An awesome song that really speaks to my relationships with the closest people in my life.

Advertisement
    :
    agentc13 and 9to5cynic like this.
  2. 9to5cynic

9to5cynic Well-Known Member

Cool song, I haven't really thought about this. I have a couple, one is a joke though.

A) End of the World - REM you know, implying that if I was dead, then the only thing to kill me would be some sort of disaster like an asteroid. Silly, I know.

B) I'm kinda leaning towards the song Future 86 by Bomb the Music Industry! I've always like it, or a different song by the same group (Stand There Until You're Sober) because it mentions throwing a party at his funeral.

Very cool idea, I haven't ever really thought about this. But really, it won't matter because I'll be in a box up front (or urn, I haven't thought about that either).
  3. Stinky Stinky

Stinky Stinky Well-Known Member

breadnatty08 likes this.
  4. sleedeane

sleedeane Well-Known Member

5. irishjoeyo

irishjoeyo Well-Known Member

6. tejasf

tejasf New Member

Viva la Vida :)
  7. marc12868

marc12868 Well-Known Member Contributor

never gonna give you up- Rick Astley :D

But seriously Idk... Maybe Better off this way by A Day to Remeber
  8. Snejter

Snejter Member

9. 9to5cynic

If you don't mind, I may steal that idea from you. As my final prank, ....RICK ROLL!
  10. marc12868

marc12868 Well-Known Member Contributor

Go ahead :D lol. Rick Roll your family at your own funeral! :D
    9to5cynic and breadnatty08 like this.
  11. sleedeane

12. agentc13

agentc13 Daleks Über Alles VIP Member

#1 - Amazing Grace (on the bagpipes)
    #2 - Here You Me - Jimmy Eat World

After seeing High Fidelity and the funeral scene (where he makes a top 5 songs to play at his funeral), that was the beginning of my list. Not too long ago my wife and I lost an infant daughter and we played #2 at her funeral, so I am left with just #1.
  13. 9to5cynic

I'm really sorry to hear that. :(
  14. sherri

sherri Well-Known Member

"If Tomorrow Never Comes"....the Barry Manilow version.
  15. Torkijo

Torkijo Member

Everybody Hurts by REM to make sure everyone cries :)
  16. UrsusVIIILXXXVII

UrsusVIIILXXXVII Well-Known Member

I'm undecided on what song to play at my funeral but an old family friend, after hearing me play The Band tune I Shall Be Released, made me promise to play that song at his funeral.

Years ago my friend's great aunt passed away. His cousin told the family that my friend and him would write a song and play it at the funeral. After a while, they couldn't come up with anything so they called me knowing I write a lot of songs. In about 30 minutes I penned out a tune for them. I never met the woman but I figured writing a song for a funeral would be like shooting fish in a barrel. Throw in a few lines about missing them and some stuff about memories. Kind of a cold mentality I know but it worked. From what they told me, everyone loved the song and was asking for a copy of the lyrics. In hindsight I probably could've made a few bucks off it.
  17. Prinny

Prinny Resident Linux Nutcase Guide

18. argedion

argedion The TechnoFrog Moderator

Not a song but a complete album and that would be dark side of the moon. If I'm forced to one song I'm torn between lead me to the cross or how he loves us
  19. JIMV

JIMV Well-Known Member

Copland 'Fanfare for the Common man'
  20. Mexjoker

Mexjoker I'm Not Real, Doris!

I want then to play Mariachi Loco lol Cause when I die I do NOT want a depressing funeral. I want them to think about the good times we had :3 They have to dress casual to. Not really a depressing person lol I'm a go happy type of guy
  21. MWRed

MWRed Active Member

Garth Brooks- The Dance

Seriously.
  22. sleedeane

23. cammykool

cammykool Well-Known Member