• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Which song do you want played at your funeral?

irishjoeyo

Android Enthusiast
Apr 8, 2010
I don't mean to sound morbid, but we're all gonna die someday, right? So, if there was ONE song, just one, that could be played at your funeral, what would it be? Any song, any artist/composer, any genre.

For me, it's "If I ever leave this world alive" by Flogging Molly. An awesome song that really speaks to my relationships with the closest people in my life.

Cool song, I haven't really thought about this. I have a couple, one is a joke though.

A) End of the World - REM you know, implying that if I was dead, then the only thing to kill me would be some sort of disaster like an asteroid. Silly, I know.

B) I'm kinda leaning towards the song Future 86 by Bomb the Music Industry! I've always like it, or a different song by the same group (Stand There Until You're Sober) because it mentions throwing a party at his funeral.

Very cool idea, I haven't ever really thought about this. But really, it won't matter because I'll be in a box up front (or urn, I haven't thought about that either).

Upvote 0
#1 - Amazing Grace (on the bagpipes)
#2 - Here You Me - Jimmy Eat World

After seeing High Fidelity and the funeral scene (where he makes a top 5 songs to play at his funeral), that was the beginning of my list. Not too long ago my wife and I lost an infant daughter and we played #2 at her funeral, so I am left with just #1.

Upvote 0
#1 - Amazing Grace (on the bagpipes)
#2 - Here You Me - Jimmy Eat World

After seeing High Fidelity and the funeral scene (where he makes a top 5 songs to play at his funeral), that was the beginning of my list. Not too long ago my wife and I lost an infant daughter and we played #2 at her funeral, so I am left with just #1.

I'm really sorry to hear that. :(

Upvote 0
I'm undecided on what song to play at my funeral but an old family friend, after hearing me play The Band tune I Shall Be Released, made me promise to play that song at his funeral.

Years ago my friend's great aunt passed away. His cousin told the family that my friend and him would write a song and play it at the funeral. After a while, they couldn't come up with anything so they called me knowing I write a lot of songs. In about 30 minutes I penned out a tune for them. I never met the woman but I figured writing a song for a funeral would be like shooting fish in a barrel. Throw in a few lines about missing them and some stuff about memories. Kind of a cold mentality I know but it worked. From what they told me, everyone loved the song and was asking for a copy of the lyrics. In hindsight I probably could've made a few bucks off it.

Upvote 0
I don't mean to sound morbid, but we're all gonna die someday, right? So, if there was ONE song, just one, that could be played at your funeral, what would it be? Any song, any artist/composer, any genre.

For me, it's "If I ever leave this world alive" by Flogging Molly. An awesome song that really speaks to my relationships with the closest people in my life.

Copland 'Fanfare for the Common man'

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones