Which T-Mobile phone should replace Behold II

Last Updated: 2011-05-06 21:44:23
  1. ashleynicole

ashleynicole Well-Known Member

So I should get the n1m
  2. mwl1119

mwl1119 Well-Known Member

Ok I have pretty much decided to bite the bullet and get the Mytouch 3G Slide.
    Now I am torn between red and black.............. anyone else getting this phone?
    If so what color?
  3. behold_this

behold_this Well-Known Member

"i always bet on black"
  4. mwl1119

No. While I said it is still the best we can get it is not cheap.

Wait for the Galaxy S to come subsidized and it will lower the Nexus's price.
    ashleynicole likes this.
  5. mwl1119

I like it but that is the one I played with at the T-mobile store and it looked like a CSI episode with all them fingerprints.

I am so giddy right now after the call I just had with T-mobile they hooked me up BIG TIME.

I get a Blackberry 9700 to replace my phone then on the day I am eligible to upgrade (june 21) I get the Slide FREE (with a contract extention)

As a side note there is a Blackberry for sale for $250 on CList

T-Mobile Blackberry Bold 9700 *Brand New*
  6. behold_this

behold_this Well-Known Member

in that case go with white as it won't show finger prints at all
  7. Exaqtion

Exaqtion Well-Known Member

Im getting Red. Black version makes the phone look boring and like other phones. White is nice but get's too dirty. So Red is for me.
  8. mwl1119

Yeah that is what I am thinking too.
  9. ibnturab

ibnturab Active Member

I would wait until mid summer when things unfold. The current market is really boring. Even though the nexus is 6months old, it still beats most androids that are currently in the US market. There is no real confirmation that tmo would really get galaxy S . Tmo has a history of getting subpar devices and getting a top of the line device would go against their 'nature' [I still like them though].
  10. mwl1119

Samsung will be forced into putting it on T-mobile.

If it goes to AT&T Apple will walk away from them.

Its GSM so its T-Mobile or follow the Motoroi to Cincinnati Bell,
  11. mwl1119

A phone like the MT3GS will do just fine for is 18 month life cycle as long as your not gaming on it, and I have an Xbox and PS3 for that.

The MT3GS runs 2.1 very well and the only thing missing are live wall papers. So go ahead and stay on your Behold II for six month waiting to get a phone that has a water background that ripples when you touch it.

Hopefully by the time I upgrade again their will be better processors than the 1GHz snapdragon and android will have features that ACTUALLY USE THE POWER........... live wallpaper......... what a joke.
  12. Pat Bowa

Pat Bowa Member

I'm leaning towards the blackberry bold 9700. What a sleek little phone.

I know one thing, I WILL NEVER PURCHASE ANOTHER SAMSUNG PRODUCT AGAIN.
  13. mwl1119

I got one coming in the mail I will sell you in 3 weeks for $200 plus S/H :D
  14. 2FR35H

2FR35H Well-Known Member

It will be cheap as soon as it hits the stores cl price will drop at least $150 and it may be costing $350-400 even without galaxy S on tmo
  15. BH_MAN

BH_MAN Well-Known Member

Well, I'm positive Phone number 3 will have the same issue's as the last.
    Regardless I'm not paying another dime & can wait a few day's or another week... Tired of this Buggy Phone & either way it's going to get replaced!

Plus, 2.2 is confirmed for the slide &
  16. 2FR35H

2FR35H Well-Known Member

What if the Galaxy S replaces this crap? I don't really trust Samsung but the specs are amazing even if this does get stuck at 2.1 for a while the features are sure to make it worth while... Am I going crazy to consider another samsung phone?
  17. mwl1119

Only for the low low price of......... free.

Then again that is the same price I got the slide for so it could happen.
  18. Pat Bowa

Pat Bowa Member

Just got off the phone with T-Mobile and I ordered the Slide in white!

I decided to stay with Android as I love the Behold but did not like not getting 2.1.

I will say one thing, T-Mobile has OUTSTANDING customer service.
  19. Exaqtion

Exaqtion Well-Known Member

I also just got the Mytouch slide in red. At first they tried to say they didn't have none in red until I said that I will just cancel my contract then because I needed the phone now and wanted that color. Then they all of a sudden had red lol.

I paid $379 for mine. Didn't want no contract or to bump my plan up to 80 dollars a month.
  20. mwl1119

I swapped my Behold 2 for a Cliq. I could have gotten a MT3GS but it would of cost me $100 plus my rebate.

Not knocking anyone with it i would take it over the Cliq if I did not have to pay for its just not worth it to me for 72 more MHz processing speed and plus there is a reported flaw with the construction of the slide that makes the buttons on the keyboard rub when closing the thing.

1.5GHz Scorpion processors are right around the corner so I plan on putting my rebate in my back pocket for a rainy day.
  21. Emi2010

Emi2010 Member

idk i wanna wait till i see sum1 with the MyTouch Slide... my contract expires in december anyways, so we'll see what phones they have by then :|
  22. mwl1119

Is anyone considering the Galaxy S?

It releases July 21 for right around $200 after rebate.

I figure that even if Samsung leaves this one stranded on Froyo that as long as they stay with TW3 on their next phone then someone can port the next version of android fairly easy, right?
  23. SteveSlimer

SteveSlimer Well-Known Member

I'm considering requesting a return/upgrade for it.
  24. 2FR35H

2FR35H Well-Known Member

Me
  25. spiz

spiz Well-Known Member

I returned my Slide and am waiting for the Galaxy S. It will be supported by Samsung as it's their first flagship phone and it's important to them to surpass Apple. It will also be the best smartphone to date.