• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Which tablet should I buy

What should I do?

• Wait for Kindle Fire there is no better alrernative in UK

Votes: 2 40.0%
  • Buy different tab availble in UK (tell me witch)

Votes: 3 60.0%

• Total voters

leyus

Oct 2, 2011
I was looking into tablets recently at the beginning I was interested in galaxy s tab but after few minutes with it I decided it cost too much and it got plenty things that I don't need. Then I looked into cheaper tablets and kindle fire seems to be exactly what im looking for. However I live in uk and I am fed up with waiting for Amazon to relies it here and I need tablet asap as i am fed up with running to my desktop every time I want to use some multimedia. Which alternative tablet available in UK in similar price would you recommend me?

Asus is coming put with a good tablet I believe the price point is around 250 the nook is a e reader that uses Android and so is the kindle the Asus on will have pure Google

Kindle fire and nook are ebook readers but there are functional enough for me as I have desktop PC for serious work, HTC sensation and HTC wildfire for email, so just need something between for multimedia, Web browsing and reading ebooks. When should I expect that asus? To be honest I would prefer something already available on UK market within 150 pound s is there anything decent?

Upvote 0
Well, Kindle Fire support some multimedia, if you don't need much others, I think Kindle Fire is ok for you.
With the Kindle Fire, you can read books, watch movies, surf the web, Wifi connectivity, and easy to hold in one hand(from ifunia "iPad or Kindle Fire? Which One to Buy this Holiday?"), and the Kindle fire is the top tablet after iPad!

Reactions: leyus
Upvote 0
Well, Kindle Fire support some multimedia, if you don't need much others, I think Kindle Fire is ok for you.
With the Kindle Fire, you can read books, watch movies, surf the web, Wifi connectivity, and easy to hold in one hand(from ifunia "iPad or Kindle Fire? Which One to Buy this Holiday?"), and the Kindle fire is the top tablet after iPad!

Agree but they seems to ignore UK market, I'm feed up with waiting...

Upvote 0
Any chance for anything in price within 150 that is currently on the UK market? Because rumours seems to be claiming that January will be the premiere month for kindle fire however it is 10 days left and no officialrelease date so far so I doubt are those rumours true. US have already rumours about kindle fire 2 while UK is still waiting this is ridiculous. Is there really nothing comparable on the market now in UK? I have seen some cheap Android tablets in maplin but mostly made by producers that are unknown to me so I'm afraid about quality.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones