Which Task Killer to get ?

Last Updated:

1. Joeydroid

Joeydroid Well-Known Member This Topic's Starter

I see there are many Task killers out there and some of the reviews say they slow down the phone. Which one is the best with no problems ?

Thanks

Advertisement
  2. ranova

ranova Well-Known Member

NightAngel79 likes this.
  3. james27007

james27007 Look into my Eye VIP Member

My personal (and ALL of my friends) always go with ATK (Advanced task killer). I have never had a single issue. Plus it is free. System Panel is also very nice

4. samtr87

samtr87 Well-Known Member

Is it better than Advanced Task Killer?

5. topshelf95

topshelf95 Well-Known Member

I've used many, recently found "autokiller". All the other have been deleted. Used preset, "aggressive" phone runs like a champ. I tried to bog it down on purpose by multitasking and couldn't. Other task killers you can bog down and then have to go manually kill the apps

6. baddress

baddress Well-Known Member

None - you don't need one! Unless you want to use the other features besides task killing. Android 2.1 has good memory and process management and sometimes an aggressive task killer causes more problems.

7. tcv

tcv Well-Known Member

Download Advanced Task Killer but only use it when there is a specific app that you need to shut down.

8. Joeydroid

Joeydroid Well-Known Member This Topic's Starter

Thanks for the info. I will try them.. I'm only going to use it once in a while to kill an app..

9. sremick

sremick Well-Known Member

Task Killers tend to do more harm than good by 90% of the people who attempt to use them. Akin to cutting wires and tubes under your car's hood in order to free up engine space.

I have one but only use it manually, once in a blue moon, to terminate the occasional rogue app causing me issues. Anything less-selective or at all automatic is just asking for trouble.

10. Dlux

Dlux Member

As much as I'd love to believe this statement, earlier today I went to go play Homerun baseball and it's been laggy with poor frame rate and stuttering for the last few days. I shut it down and went back in and it did the same thing. At that point I downloaded ATK from the store and ran that. Fired up baseball again and it was buttery smooth.

It seems to work well to a certain point, but might need that extra oomph from a task killer for those RAM intensive tasks.

11. 3gAndroid

3gAndroid Well-Known Member

12. Sledutah

Sledutah Well-Known Member

Same here! Uninstalled ATK and all seems to be working fine, battery it the same as before. I never had any big problems with ATK, but after some research I decided to remove it.

13. samtr87

samtr87 Well-Known Member

ATK doesn't seem to kill anything without the user telling it to so there isn't any harm leaving it installed is there?

14. vapor311

vapor311 Well-Known Member

Using ATK is fine. People argue using task killers is not needed and its true to an extent.
    Most apps have a way to close themselves or they shut when you close them. Some dont, having a program like atk is usefull for a quick look at what all is running and since it does list out and remembers everything that it running including itself you can keep items checked off that you want to kill or dont want to kill. Like if u have multiple mail apps like some of us have to run etc. My ATK has about 15 item in it and I use it to kill about 9 items at once including itself upon completion of killing the other 8. It has helped improver battery usage. Whenever I load one of those apps it knows I prefer to keep closed it will launch itself and place its little icon in my launch bar at the top of the window and offer to close that app and itself if I want it to. Sure and thank you ATK.

Thats the benefits from a user of ATK pro.

15. mratlndmrk

mratlndmrk Well-Known Member

My phone is unrooted so In lieu of a task killer I use startup cleaner 2.0 which will kill the non essential AT&T crap that loads at startup. So far I've seen good results.