• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Which texting app is better, Textra or Go SMS

Glenn95

Jan 8, 2015
Just wondering if anyone who knows more than I do, has a preference between Textra and Go SMS. I've been having an issue lately with both that my pictures and group messages don't go through and I can't figure out why.

I had been using Textra lately, but both apps aren't working for me.... Thank you in advance if you answer...

If neither app is working for you are you sure its an app issue? could be something screwy with your device not allowing things to happen. I would try a completely different one and see if you still have the issue. However since both are by the same developer its possible they have a code issue. Maybe contact them and tell them whats going on. Even if they don't know whats wrong they may be they can check to see if its in the coding and if others have complained about the issue.

Upvote 0
OK... Forgive my ignorance..... GUI?

Sorry about that, back when I started, all computer input was via the keyboard in text format and you could have your choice of a White text on a Black screen, or Black text on a Green screen.....

then the Graphical User Interface was introduced which allowed for visual ( gasp! color ) pictures and a "mouse" to be used to Point and Click ( quite a new development at the time )

So, for me, the ease of using a cellphone is because of the GUI, Icons that you can just "point at" and "click on" to cause an application ( computer program ) to be activated for you to use.

Upvote 0
Same developer.... I started with GO, then switched to Textra because I like the GUI better, and it just "feels better" to me.

I'm using chompSMS that is Textra's big brother.

I am a little confused. On Play Store they are listed as ...

Go SMS Pro - GO Dev Team
Textra - Delicious Inc.
chompSMS - Delicious Inc.

... Thom

Upvote 0
Anything by the Go Team is a security risk as it was established long ago that Go apps data-mine and send information to Chinese servers. Go apps are also notorious for pop-up ads and other obnoxious behavior. Finally, Go stuff tends to be bloated and buggy.

IOW, Go stuff is not to be trusted and technically challenged. There's much better choices.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones