Which top 3 apps to you show people to WOW them?

1. gamul1

gamul1 Well-Known Member

So - all week people have asked to see the new Xoom and I am happily showing it off. But I feel like an Android ambassador - trying to prove to them that this is better than an iPad. Where i typically have their attention for at most 5 minutes - thats not a lot of time.

All this has me wondering - what top 3 apps or functionality do you show people to wow them in the first few minutes?

So far - here is what I have been showing:

1. My live wallpaper. While I myself get a big kick out of it, I find nothing seems to mesmerize an apple person more than live wallpaper. I have the salt water aquarium on mine. I show this because I have it - and its the first thing they see when I am showing them the tablet.

2. Google Body. This app is fairly impressive.

My 3rd choice is less of a wow.

3. My Music app. I have no idea what the music app looks like on the iPad. But I really like the music app on the Xoom. I have about 75 albums and the display looks pretty nice. I am used to my iPod touch display which is why the Xoom looks so much nicer.

Some times I opt for showing the CNN app that is for the tablet. Which itself is pretty nice. But I think this is about the same on the iPad so its probably not a WOW.

So - I am curious - what other apps you show folks that you think go beyond nice up to the WOW factor?

Advertisement
    :
    MadAmethyst likes this.
  2. LIH

LIH Active Member

believe it or not google maps still wows people,especially when it zeroes in on where we are currently...

my top 3 i would say are google maps, pulse, and electrum

ive shown google body and gun bros at times too

edit: and kindle and aldiko. dude i just show whatever comes to mind
  3. GAANDROID

GAANDROID Active Member

You have to download 'SpeedX 3D'! That game is addicting. I have the free version but there is one you pay for also. Also, try 'Plasma Globe'. Its pretty cool. And the following games might not wow but I still recommend them:
    Ninjump
    Gun Bros
    Stupid Zombies
    Super KO Boxing
  4. GAANDROID

GAANDROID Active Member

BTW,

Gamul1, I'm glad to see you got off the fence and bought yourself a XOOM! I don't think you will regret your purchase. I love mine!
  5. GAANDROID

GAANDROID Active Member

I forgot about 'google goggles' and 'solo lite'. They will impress.
    LIH likes this.
  6. clb2196

clb2196 Well-Known Member

Ha, sounds silly, but the Accuweather app! It's one of the most eye grabbing apps out there I think. Otherwise depends on the person- I do think the Google calendar app is really nice too.
  7. gamul1

gamul1 Well-Known Member

:cool: Definitely loving mine so far. I feel like I've waited forever but in reality the time was right for me. Before the Xoom there was nothing worth it for me. I did not want the 3G model and I was at the door a half hour early last Sunday morning to buy the WiFi model. So in reality - I bought the right one for me as soon as possible.

The Toshiba may later impress further - but the Xoom is so awesome I won't be too disappointed.

Thanks!
  8. gamul1

gamul1 Well-Known Member

Hmmm - do I have the wrong app - I downloaded Accuweather and it was clearly not for tablets. Small and did not work.

ok - took a break and see there are multiple versions. Installing AccuWeather for Honeycomb now. Whats AccuWeather Qucik?
  9. clb2196

clb2196 Well-Known Member

Not sure? Yeah you definitely want the Honeycomb version. :) I missed my weather.com app until I tried the Accuweather one, now I like it better!
  10. pflol

pflol Well-Known Member

Fruit Ninja THD
    Samurai 2

That's it.
  11. rjoudrey

rjoudrey Well-Known Member

All 59!
  12. whippintegra

whippintegra Well-Known Member

The Geocaching app and Google maps, those combos with my geek friends I think I have got 2 friends to consider buying zooms :)
  13. Mitchrapp

Mitchrapp Well-Known Member

They all wow me.
  14. Bhelios

Bhelios Well-Known Member

bgrutter and gamul1 like this.
  15. pwscott

pwscott Active Member

What Geocaching app?

16. 3devious

3devious Well-Known Member

Dungeon Defenders, then Waypoint Pro, PhoTile live wallpaper, the browser running Amazon Prime videos.
  17. dvandam

dvandam Well-Known Member

That'll run on the Xoom? I've viewed videos with lower resolutions that cause the Xoom to choke up...
  18. rjoudrey

We need PureVideo drivers for our xooms! Please nvidia come up with the goods.
  19. rjoudrey

20. xxraffyxx

xxraffyxx Active Member

I love showing off the browser. I'm like look tabs!!!
  21. Johnnybee

Johnnybee Active Member

Ive been using this all day with the Xoom...Its way cool...google FTW!

Gmail Motion BETA
    Tempusfugit likes this.
  22. pflol

pflol Well-Known Member

23. bgrutter

bgrutter Well-Known Member

Have you tried the new HC WeatherBug app? I liked the Accuweather app, but I REALLY liked the WB app.
    That video is astounding. The clarity on my Xoom is phenomenal.
    Lol. I knew it was a joke after glimpsing an article title on my TechBuzz widget. But, I had to see what it was all about. Quite humorous.
  24. 3devious

3devious Well-Known Member

I agree that looks great!
  25. rjoudrey

I saw this one coming as soon as the gesture guy got on screen. Kind of reminded my of Steve Buscemi from the Sopranos.